random shopping trolley

1_reaper
1_reaper Posts: 322
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
While out yesterday out in the Lincolnshire Wolds in the middle of nowhere there was a lone shopping trolley. Got me thinking how did it end up there? I mean who and why would someone want to leave a trolley in the middle of nowhere? Just a random rant :oops:

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    They are quite handy for getting home from the pub if you have a willing friend to push you...

Not that I've ever done that nor would I condone the ill treatment of shopping trolleys or fly tipping.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • jellybellywmb
    jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
    Just spotted one near my home town, middle of a field stacked with boxes and bottles.
    Good 7 miles from the nearest Tesco.
    "BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I was wondering where I'd left my trolley, thanks reaper :D
  • The River Chavsbourne runs next to our local Tescos and trolleys seem to be very fond of bathing. They congregate in the river and only move downstream to the creek when the river's in spate. When someone had the bright idea of removing them from the riverbed, environmentalists became concerned about the loss of a micro-habitat in the river - ''where would the herons stand?'' they pondered - so they installed some wicker-basket type affairs as a green replacement for our disappearing trolley habitats.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    They are quite handy for getting home from the pub if you have a willing friend to push you...

Love n hugs

DD

Impossible

The Lincs Wolds are too hilly to push people in trolleys

There are no pubs (worth going into) in the Lincs wolds

People from Lincolnshire have no friends.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    random man wrote:
    I was wondering where I'd left my trolley, thanks reaper :D

Are you sure it's yours mate? 'Cos I don't believe it had carbon wheels. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    GiantMike wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Impossible

Glad I crossed the border then, I am, for my sins, a born and bred Yellowbelly.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Phone your local Nick. They've got nothing better to do after all. :roll:

DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Bespoke is the way to go........

ShoppingCartChair.jpg

Anyway, can't stop, I'm off to Tesco's.........

Cart-Bike.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Agree with the above ... trolleys perform a vital fucntion for ecosystems they slow the flow of watercourses allowing all sorts of flora and fauna to establish ... has to be done to reverse the flood protection measures that speed up water flow...[/quote]
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    GiantMike wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Love n hugs

DD

Impossible

fair point :lol:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    At Wakefield Westgate train station yesterday, there was a luggage trolley with a sticker/sign which reads:

"Please do not remove this luggage trolley from York Station"

The best thing is, I think you have to change at Leeds to get from York to Wakefield Westgate.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Not that I've ever done that nor would I condone the ill treatment of shopping trolleys or fly tipping.

Love n hugs

DD

I've heard of cow tipping but flies?