YAY new Hardrock!

fwgx
fwgx Posts: 114
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
New bike!

Sold my old 23" white Hardrock 2009 and bought this 19" 2011 Hardrock disc as a replacement. Even for my 6'5" height the 23" bike was far too big. Tied this 19"er and a 21" Trek and the Trek was too big also. I'm not stretching too much and it feels a lot better! Hopefully I'll get out for a good long ride tomorrow to really test it. I've only riden it the 6ish miles home so far and it was nice. The Shimano gears change a lot smoother and less violently than the SRAMx$ on the old bike.

bike1.jpg

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Looks lovely.
  • very nice :) the 23" Hardrock is a right gate!
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    Looks really nice mate. Red white and black looks ace :)

When I was was buying my first bike I was told I should be riding at least a 21" frame with me being 6ft 3". But I ended up on a 18" bike :D Just because it seemed so much more comfortable.
  • road_donut
    road_donut Posts: 284
    Nice one mate, looks great ...... Not sure if you noticed but you have some plastic thingy 'm' bobs on your wheels between the spokes :lol:
  • fwgx
    fwgx Posts: 114
    Are reflectors not cool? It also has a bell, I'm guessing that is also not cool? :oops:

I found that there was a big sticker on the top tube, perhaps for protection, so I took that off and then spent 30 minutes with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge trying to remove the horrible sticky glue!

The old bike I had was also white, black and red, but this one does look a lot better with more white and red and less black - looks better in the flesh than in the pictures online too :).
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Get rid of the bell... Replace it with a hooter... The dirtjump kids will love that.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax