Chelmsford

traffic8
traffic8 Posts: 15
edited April 2011 in MTB rides
Well not exactly Chelmsford but Margaretting anyway (about four miles away).

If anyone fancies it i've got a 16k route along some of the Bridleways around Margaretting. There is some road work to connect the tracks but i would say its 80% off road.

I work for the local council with the team that manages Public Rights of Way in Chelmsford and surrounding areas so i may be coming up with a few routes over the summer months.

If anyone is interested we would probably meet in the Margaretting Village Hall car park around 10.30am on sunday 24th April or the same time again on Monday 25th April.

The route is mainly dry with two slightly boggy bits and basically follows a figure of eight loop via two pubs. You can always take a break at these or there are possible extensions to the route if you feel fit.

Anyway let me know on here or e-mail me at traffic8@sky.com

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    16k and two pubs, sounds a very slow ride to me. :)
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • traffic8
    traffic8 Posts: 15
    thats only for those that want it. I usually do the 16k in about 50 minutes or so
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I might be up for it but Sundays I am out with Essex Roads.

I live in Great Baddow and have some great routes out to Gallywood and around the back of Crondon Park then off to Ramsden and Hanningfield. Your routes might be able to be added to some of these.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro