CRC private sale thingy

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
CRC have been running this private sale thing which I assumed was just mailed out to everyone with an account.

But

My mate didn't get invited. So now he feels all rejected :lol: and I was wondering who else did or didn't get an invite?

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Shhhhh....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    No. All I got was info about an MTB sale. I blame wiggle.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I didn't get an invite either but then again I'm probably not one of their highest rolling customers....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • sandy hill
    sandy hill Posts: 390
    Thousand pound plus club?
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I didn't get an invite either but then again I'm probably not one of their highest rolling customers....

I didn't either, then again I only spent about £1500 with them last year, evidently not one of the chosen few :?

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I got an invite and prob only spend a £100 over a year. don't think i;ve bought much lately from them.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    They sent a private jet out last week and flew me to their showroom in Ballyclare. Champagne on arrival and a personal shopper were on hand. An amazing experience. They did seem a bit grumpy on the flight back. Still, I did manage to get two new inner tubes and an energy bar.
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    I don't spend much with either :?

Maybe I'm just special :wink:
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    I got an invite, spent near £2k with them in 2010 but little recently? Didn't see many more bargains than their normal clearance section TBH
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    sounds like targetted marketing.
    Aim for customers who have reduced spending recently or who only spend a little.
    The previous big spenders who have cooled may just need a gentle reminder to return and the small spenders offer potential for huge percentage growth with only low value spend.
    No point targetting continuing high spenders. Obviously there is a balance in not alienating these loyal customers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    plus lots of lost confidence after the credit card scam...
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    NapoleonD wrote:
    plus lots of lost confidence after the credit card scam...

Said I spent £1500 last year, only bought a pair of tubes :lol:

Dear CRC, this is only a joke!

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Cornerblock
    Benno68
    :lol::lol::lol:

ordered a few things seem to have got stuck somewhere over Easter? as a helmet I ordered a few mins earlier off the main site came a week ago :?

Worked out cheaper for a Azonic stem and Truvativ bars than an Outland Freeride stem and bar kit.
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Had a look at the sale - didn't think much of it to be honest. Hard to navigate around, prices weren't "give away" (although competitive) and in a few cases prices were actually higher on the sale than normal CRC prices! Ooops! (thinking of SRAM rival rear mech and a couple of others I spotted....) Nothing bought....
  • Graculus
    Graculus Posts: 107
    I think morstar is right. We had an invitation emailed to my husband's address - he must have registered ages ago because we had forgotten the password!

When we order we usually use my email address and I didn't get an invite.

There didn't seem to be much, but I was a bit peeved as I had just bought the old man some Assos shorts for his birthday, and I could have saved myself 30 odd quid :(