First ride

whaninoz
whaninoz Posts: 4
edited April 2011 in MTB beginners
Hey,

I have been lurking and reading for about 2 weeks, and last night i picked up my first XC bike.

Its a Specialized rockhopper comp, that i decided to get as it has some good feedback here and seems to be recommended as a good started bike.

headed out with a mate and a colleague of his for a quick ride tonight, was hard work and i got very warm. we did 10 miles through holsten furrs in northampton. was a good ride, looking forward to some more runs....with longer downhill :lol:

W

Comments

• jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Thats it for you now....theres no going back

Watch the £££'s disappear out of your bank account as you buy stuff that you don't really need for it :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it, thats the most important thing
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • whaninoz
    I already have enough expensive hobbies (Photography and cars being the main ones) but i do like shiny things...........

I have some padded shorts on the way thanks to a mag subscription and im picking up a biking helmet on payday, hopefully that will do for now.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    whaninoz wrote:
    I already have enough expensive hobbies (Photography and cars being the main ones) but i do like shiny things...........

shiny things and mountain biking= expensive times ahead...... but you'll love it 8)

enjoy!
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't wait too long for the helmet, they're really good to have when you need it. Don't need to spend a lot - decent Bell on Ebay for around £20.
    Welcome and have fun.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    whaninoz wrote:

I have some padded shorts on the way thanks to a mag subscription and im picking up a biking helmet on payday, hopefully that will do for now.

If the passed shorts were the ones taht come with teh Altura shorts from subscribing to MBUK. They're not very 'padded' I got them the other day and my ALDI padded shorts are way better. THe outers are decent enough ming. Lackign pockets, lol, but ok if you carry a abag which I always do.
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    whaninoz wrote:
    looking forward to some more runs....with longer downhill :lol:

W

It's a fact of life that there are always more up hills than down :twisted:
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    jmillen wrote:
    Thats it for you now....theres no going back

Watch the £££'s disappear out of your bank account as you buy stuff that you don't really need for it :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it, thats the most important thing

+1

I'm trying to ween myself off going into bike shops because 11 times out of 10 i end up seeing something I NEED :D
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • whaninoz
    Lots of very true comments,
    Im going to pick a helmet up the last of this week when i get paid.

this was ment to be my "cheap" hobby.....dont think that will last, was in a bike shop looking at things today :lol: