Daily Express classic

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/241807

Nails all their favorite things in one - Lightbulbs imposed by the EU with dubious 'green' benefits pulse out cancer...as used by Nazis...or something. Brilliant.
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    what no dead princess connection? theyre not even trying :?
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • And no mention of the "Beckham's of grief"???
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Plus the fact there has been questions about the chemical components of the low energy light bulbs since they were first announced, so at least a good few years out of date, just like the Express really.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    mattshrops wrote:
    what no dead princess connection? theyre not even trying :?

Exactly. If Diana's not involved, it's not the Express.

Now if MI5 had placed such bulbs in that Mercedes then we'd have a story. Otherwise it's Daily Mail light.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Mercury, phenol, naphthalene, and styrene? So that would be four of the chemicals in tobacco smoke, then. Funny how the Express didn't exactly emphasise the Nazi poison angle when they were running a piece about how 'Brussels Bureaucrats' were supposedly trying to stop smoking outslide pubs:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/110 ... or-smoking
  • BarryBonds
    BarryBonds Posts: 344
    yeah dont believe it unless its in the guardian imo thats the only unbiased well written paper in the uk
  • BarryBonds wrote:
    yeah dont believe it unless its in the guardian imo thats the only unbiased well written paper in the uk

Really? :roll:
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Tabloids are evil, low energy lightbulbs are evil.
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I was once interviewed by the Express science editor. Him "So is it true termites are 2 inches long?" me "no", him "oh...um... thank you very much, goodbye."
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Bradders87 wrote:
    BarryBonds wrote:

Really? :roll:
    It might save a bit of grief if we had a sticky letting people know that Barry is the latest sock puppet of the forum's resident troll. He's mostly harmless.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Term1te wrote:
    I was once interviewed by the Express science editor. Him "So is it true termites are 2 inches long?" me "no", him "oh...um... thank you very much, goodbye."

2 inches long? So not an 'in depth' interview then? :oops:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    despite the lengthy research
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bompington wrote:
    It might save a bit of grief if we had a sticky letting people know that Barry is the latest sock puppet of the forum's resident troll. He's mostly harmless.
    I realise he's a troll now, as he's arguing the opposite in another thread. But who is he? Not that BNP bloke, or Mr BE WARNED!!11%?!!ZOMG? Didn't know you roadies got trolls :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    BarryBonds wrote:
    RAOFL. Unbiased? Come come....

Only The Telegraph for me chief. Completely neutral in all matters, and written in a style that just fits with how I like to get a view on the world. The Guardian's worth a read only to see what the opposition are thinking.

Who? Me? :wink:
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Term1te wrote:

2 inches long? So not an 'in depth' interview then? :oops:

He wanted to write a piece about how termites were going to come to the UK and eat your house, and probably the children too. Huge plagues of mouse sized insects, almost certainly arriving in the packaging of toxic light bulbs, devouring everything wooden in their path. I don't know how much he'd already written, but when he discovered they are only 5mm long he was rather disappointed and lost interest and my 5 seconds of fame were gone.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Wasn't one of the classic tabloid phone interviews something along the lines of
    Journo: So then professor, was Hitler a woman
    Prof: No, I'm fairly sure he wasn't
    Journo: Right, but you can't be certain?
    Prof: Well, there's absolutely nothing to suggest it, it's quite ridiculous
    Journo: But you can't absolutely deny it?
    Prof: Well no, but...
    Journo: *click*

Next day, the headline screams "HITLER WAS A WOMAN" SAYS TOP HISTORIAN
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."