It honestly couldn't get any worse...

Jordan93
Jordan93 Posts: 336
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have a hardtail mtb with what I believe(not 100% sure) is a e-type derialleur. Anyway, I was sorting out my L and H limit screws on the rear derailleur and as you do I pulled the inner wire to shift but pulled front derailleur wire by accident resulting in the cable becoming slack and the front derailleur becoming loose and wobbly. Obviously, the cable just needs re-routing but what do I about the deraailleur, the bit that was seemingly glued to the seat tube has become loose.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it just rests against the seat tube.

have you bent the mounting plate?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Jordan93
    I may have done, its just there seems to be a grey paste that is left on the seat tube from where it was before?

Can't see any bend so I'm at a loose end.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    that is just annoying, finding 2 cracks on my £1700 frame is much worse
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • cavegiant
    uninterupted hosing will fix you issue
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Jordan93
    True, bet you're still under warranty or have insurance though...
  • cavegiant
    nope,
  • Jordan93
    Well, I feel sorr y for you then. And how will that fix my issue?
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    ^^^ It won't just that there are people with bigger problems and more £££££ problems.

post a pic if you can 'coz I have no idea what you are referrng to so can't help.
  • Matt 24k
    Matt 24k Posts: 186
    Your post title is just a tad over dramatic. It really helps if you give a more descriptive title and in this case a picture speaks a thousands words.