Who commutes in a Harlequins top?

bigmat
bigmat Posts: 5,134
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
I'm sure I've read on here that someone commutes in a Harlequins top? Anyway, whoever it is may have got scalped this morning just north of Elephant & Castle! Also, I think I may have seen Cafe Wanda turning right just before Borough High St - bright pink top?

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    BigMat wrote:
    I'm sure I've read on here that someone commutes in a Harlequins top? Anyway, whoever it is may have got scalped this morning just north of Elephant & Castle! Also, I think I may have seen Cafe Wanda turning right just before Borough High St - bright pink top?

Could be Sketchley - although seen a few around
  • Sketchley indeed:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... tart=25803

Though he rides a Sirrus, so that couldn't be your scalp.
  • mr_ribble
    mr_ribble Posts: 1,068
    There was a guy wearing one on the New Kings Road this morning at around 7.55am. Not sure what he rode but he had two big panniers.

NKR a bit of a sausage factory but dropped him on the climb of the Col du Chutney Mary and didnt see him after that
  • Bikequin
    Bikequin Posts: 402
    I think theres quite a few knocking around - was it a tight lycra fit or more of a loose fit?
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quin.
  • bigmat
    Looked like a regular rugby shirt I think. Possibly a Sirrus, the guy had red shoes on which were pretty distincttive.
    "Scalp" is maybe a bit extreme as I caught him at the lights and then dropped him through traffic so not really SCR friendly conditions!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Couldn't have been CW. She's so small you wouldn't have seen her!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Maybe it was as she was cresting a pothole?
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    notsoblue wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

Maybe it was as she was cresting a pothole?

Kerb would still be in the way.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • BigMat wrote:

I scalped him this morning too, on the approach to E&C
  • sketchley
    Just to be clear. While I do occasionally commute in Harlequins top. This wasn't me. I was no where near E&C and in a red top this morning. And if it was me you would of been the ones loosing your scalps!
    --
    Chris

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,391
    You've not done your background research on BigMat have you :wink:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • sketchley
    Maybe not but l I'm an FCN 8 I guess BigMat's a bit higher up. So he can't scalp me :D Plus I'm pretty quick for fat bloke on a hybrid I got a 17mph average (total not moving) from Farringdon Station to Putney Bridge on Monday.
    --
    Chris

• bigmat
    Sketchley wrote:
    Maybe not but l I'm an FCN 8 I guess BigMat's a bit higher up. So he can't scalp me :D Plus I'm pretty quick for fat bloke on a hybrid I got a 17mph average (total not moving) from Farringdon Station to Putney Bridge on Monday.

I would imagine my FCN is worse (higher? lower?) than yours at the moment as I'm commuting on my 15kg old steel mountain bike, that combined with the after effects of a back injury mean my scalp is there for the taking (its "loose", so to speak)

:lol:
  • jzed
    Sounds like this is gearing up to a bit of a duel.

EDIT: bit of reading for you Sketchley

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... =#16630464
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A rugby shirt would be a maxi dress on CW and totally inappropriate for cycling in.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • bigmat
    Ha ha! Reminds me, there are a couple of good videos of that event on the IG Markets Cycling facebook page, both featuring yours truly. You can tell from the very clumsy (and mercifully brief) interview that I did have a cold, honest!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    BigMat wrote:

Hey sweetie. Yes it was me :D
  • Cafewanda
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

:P :(:(

NSB, I'm surprised at you.......... :shock:
  • Cafewanda
    redvee wrote:
    A rugby shirt would be a maxi dress on CW and totally inappropriate for cycling in.

*thinking* Akshelly that could work if I put slits up each side and wear shorts underneath. Red rugby shirt for the cause anyone? :lol:
  • sketchley
    JZed wrote:
    Sounds like this is gearing up to a bit of a duel.

EDIT: bit of reading for you Sketchley

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... =#16630464

I think I might slope off to the corner and forget about scalping BigMatt (well for a couple years at least).
    --
    Chris

• jzed
    Sketchley - here's the Gaz clip from the other morning - thought the chap at the back of the ASL may be you

http://www.youtube.com/user/gaz545#p/u/3/gIvPHoTu6Ig
  • sketchley
    Yes that's me. I was a bit slow pulling away, I'm not normally, wrong gear I guess. What that clip doesn't show is the fact we were still together, just, at stockwell. Gaz is propper quick.

Didn't notice his tangle with the bus, although one day this week nearly at the same place one of those buses pulled out in front of the car I was behind forcing the car and me to emergency stop. Could even of been same bus same day just 200 yards up the road.
    --
    Chris