scott spark suspension

timmo1978
timmo1978 Posts: 43
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
just got me hands on a scott spark 10 frame, put me bits on from my old giant xtc advanced, but havnt got the suspension set up rite yet!!!
anyone know a quick fire way to set this up any advice welcome.....cheers
scott spark 10..

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so you want some help with what?

what are these "old bits"?

but set your sag to what you want and ride. and tweek.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • timmo1978
    timmo1978 Posts: 43
    old bits is all bits to make it go etc..........its the sag bit?? ive only ever had h/tails so not sure wot to do, no i sound bit stoo'pid but do you just put some air in the float and then set it wen you ride then??? :?
    scott spark 10..
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Try looking in the FAQ's.

ps you would sound less stupid if you tried a bit harder to write coherently and use a spellcheck.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    Dependng on year, the frame would have a Scott Nude TC shock (made by DT Swiss) wth lock out.

I am pretty sure the pressure chart is on a sticker on the chain stay but not 10% sure.

Read page 7 of this manual

If you are usng a different shcok, you need to be sure the distance between yeleys is the same or you will change geometry of the frame or worse, have the frame/shock fouling against the frame.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Aye, there's normally a pressure chart on the inside of the LH seat stay, but if it's got a Float sounds like someone's changed it, as above, the 10s have always had DT Nude shocks.
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    if it's a Rock Shox like mine then you set the sag as you do a fork

if i remember correctly when you sit on the bike and the "o" ring moves from your weight it should be at around 25% travel or 30mm.

long time since i've done it as once its set i just leave it alone, it's in the manual and on the Rock Shox website.
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    well spotted njee20; I missed the bit about the float shock - so ignore me .... :oops:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    02GF74 wrote:
    well spotted njee20; I missed the bit about the float shock - so ignore me .... :oops:

me too :oops: :oops:
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport