Evans 'Ride It' events. Goring Reading

ThePriory1978
ThePriory1978 Posts: 563
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
I have recently moved into West Berks and am looking for new Rides.

Has anyone ever taken part in one of Evans Cycles 'Ride it' events? I am considering taking part in the Goring off-road route to learn my new local area and take me up into the Chilterns.

If you have done one, would you recommend it, how 'serious' are they, is it all pootling around with beginners?

Cheers ears.

Snot green Canyon Nerve AM 8.0x

Comments

• deanstacey
    deanstacey Posts: 33
    Hi.

This is Dean from Evans.

The ride is as serious as you want it to be!! There are 3 different length routes ranging from about 15miles to 35ish and there is some great tracks ( about 2 miles section of singletrack and a section down by the river for example)

We get a range of riders from families to people training for competitions so you can fit in where you want. It's not technically a race and last year there were about 350 riders, hopefully this year we'll see a few more on the trails.

If you want to learn some of the local trails then try the guysa at tvcyclerides.webs.com They come to our events and also go for rides in the evenings around the Reading area. I might even see you on one as I'm a Reading lad myself.
    Ta
    Dean
  • ThePriory1978
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have entered for the full length course, if my fitness level can cope with 30miles is another matter entirely, so i look forward to July.

I will check out tvcyclerides as well.

• Whens this one?

I've done 3 or so, good rides but more of a lazy ride tbh, the distance wont be to challenging other than on your arse (I have a hardtail) but they were good..

Out of the ones I've done the one in Liphook was the best and thats not to far out of your way either..

They have the times up on their website from previous rides with MPH so you can get a rough estimate from that..
  • ThePriory1978
    Whens this one?

Saturday 30th July

I've done 3 or so, good rides but more of a lazy ride tbh, the distance wont be to challenging other than on your ars* (I have a hardtail) but they were good.

Am not fussed about it being a less serious ride but would rather it be with competent mtb'rs rather than Mr and Mrs Smiths with 2.4 little Smiths in tow going everywhere at 1mph. I get the impression now its a good varied selection of riders which suits me.
    I'm attending to learn my new local area as Goring is virtually on my doorstep. When i see areas that look more pro i'll make notes and return to play at a later date.