Focus Cayo Expert + Cannondale CAAD7 Saeco

WilsonHW
WilsonHW Posts: 32
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
My Focus Cayo Expert Ultegra

Upgrades are Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheelset and FSA K-Force Light seatpost.

My future plans are a matching FSA OS-99 CSI stem, white Selle Italia SLR saddle and a new chainset - oh and some new bar tape!

5627306316_3358ca477b_z.jpg[/url]

5626731299_8aa03e1de2_z.jpg[/url]

My training/bad weather bike is this CAAD7 Saeco replica Ultegra apart from the 105 front derailleur.

Upgrades are Thomson Elite seatpost and Selle Italia 135g saddle.

5626738615_2e8d85e68e_z.jpg[/url]

5626744301_dfcf163eb6_z.jpg[/url]

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Love the Cannondale! :o
  • Nice bikes. The 'Dale is becoming a bit of a classic in that Saeco colourway these days.

Your Focus is a stunner too. But re-tape your bars and you may want to sort the angle of them too, although I fully appreciate it's a personal thing how a bike should fit at all the contact points. Good, smart and sensible upgrades as well.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Forum.....
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • WilsonHW
    Thanks for the compliments.

New bar tape is definitely a necessity but I was cleaning the bikes outside and it was such nice weather I thought I'd snap some pics and throw them up!

With regards to the stem angle, its not flipped or anything, just a -6 deg stock stem and they always angle up. I think to get it horizontal I'd need -10 deg or perhaps even 17, that's not going to happen though as I've got my eye on the FSA stem to match the seatpost and that only comes in -6 deg variety. As the current stem is white perhaps you're attention is drawn to it more.

I must agree, the Cannondale is on its way to classic territory. I just love how racy it looks with that horizontal top tube!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Great looking 'dale that. :)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    The stem/post combination you're going for on the Focus is the same as I'm buying for my 2011 Supersix. It'll look amazing with those frames - a whole black/red/white look! ;)
  • WilsonHW
    I've seen a fair few supersix's with the FSA K-Force seatpost and OS-99 CSI on the internet, definitely a good look.

One thing I will never understand is why they don't call the matching FSA stem K-Force to match the seatpost, someone enlighten me?!
  • WilsonHW
    A little update on the focus.

I bought a 100mm FSA stem to match the seatpost, had the steerer tube cut andnew Fizik Mictrotex tape on the bars.

I've also bought a SRAM Force BB30 compact chainset which will be going on the bike in the next couple of weeks, pictures to follow once that's installed.

5679305825_d497769af8_z.jpg[/url]
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    Lovely garden too :D
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4