Ladybower this week

bamba
bamba Posts: 856
edited April 2011 in MTB rides
Going some time this week, probably Wednesday , mid morning ish, can time change if needed.
route something like this , unless anyone with better knowledge wants to lead the way.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... eceuoo60kj

edit, going thursday now

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    On nights Tuesday and afters Wednesday so no can do :(
    We riding Good Friday late afternoon.Hoping Winny Lee tor has dried out a bit.....it was practically unridable last time we were there :roll: Also the track up through the woods to Win Hill/Wooler knoll is a mess as they're logging just before the steep climb :roll:
  • bamba
    Hopefully all dried up by now, especially after seeing this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-de ... e-13121416

obviously some water courses still going to be wet,will look at my maps, i know you guys go around the roads aston way instead of the woods after the dam, misses at work friday til 2 ,an sat'd so good friday prob a no no ,not out of the question though, what time friday ?
    i'l test the water to do both, :lol:
  • sniper68
    We haven't done the road to Aston for over a year now but might have to find a detour if the logging gets worse :( We always go up through the woods but the machinery has made a right mess of things.
    We're meeting at 4ish in the pub car park on Friday.
  • You will struggle to find much mud anywhere in the dark peak at the moment.
    Cut Gate - dry as a bone.
    Wooler Knoll logging - rutted but not boggy.
    WLT dry hop fest.
    Rushup Edge - scorchio!
    Even the wheel swallowing puddles on the roman road from hope are in danger of disappearing.
  • bamba
    Your not kidding about the mess in wooler knoll, had to climb over a huge pile of logs, not fun carrying a bike, especially when they start moving under you (pic on the route map), followed by another blockade where they were working, hats off to the loggers though for giving a lift over with the bike, defiantly an area to avoid.still some nice flowing streams to pass around blackley hey, sandy in some places though.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... fbsi4ia2pm
  • sniper68
    Yup a mess.We went carried on along the Fire-road and climbed the steep double track at the opposite end of the trail.Best avoid for a while I think.
    On the plus side everywhere was dusty dry....even Whinstone Lee Tor AND the (usually) boggy bit at the the bottom near Cut-throat bridge 8)
    Doing Cutgate Monday afternoon,that was dry 2 weeks ago so should be even better now 8)
  • bamba
    At work monday so no can do,
    What bit is cut throat bridge ? being as there is no bridge, thought it was the little stream crossing further round after the big metal gate before the drop to ladybower inn,but the map shows it further back.
  • sniper68
    Cut throat bridge is actually a little stone bridge beside the road.
    You know when you come down off WLT you turn right to go across the moor above the A57 to the steel gate/stream crossing?Well miss the turn and drop 100 yards or so to the road...that's Cut-throat bridge.The general area around there just gets called Cut-throat bridge :)
    Just had a massive thunderstorm here but I doubt it'll do too much damage to the trails 8)
  • bamba
    I see, ive always stayed right on that bit, so never seen the bridge , how did it get named "cut-throat bridge " ?
    No thunder here, although can see some clouds building up and rising, heading your way.
    trails , like other things ,better when moist. :D
  • sniper68
    bamba wrote:
    I see, ive always stayed right on that bit, so never seen the bridge , how did it get named "cut-throat bridge " ?
    Summat to do with murders in the times of the highwaymen.There was actually someone found there with their throat cut about 5 years ago aswell :?