1st Carbon BSO?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Matrix-F16-Fu ... 7906wt_907

Comments

• looks fake, given it from taiwan i wouldnt touch it was a barge pole
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    99.9% of the worlds frames come from Taiwan, China or the far east in general!!!
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    WTF is that about!?
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • ralph1471
    ralph1471 Posts: 92
    looks dodgy as fook to me
  • It's aerodynamic!OL
  • bentes
    bentes Posts: 286
    Looks like Batman's mtb! :lol:

Maybe a "batbike"?!
  • Bit heavy at 1610g.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    I've been watching the chinese carbon frames on the bay and that one just doest not make sense. :(

Any frame without a seat tube is going to be either weaker for same weight or heavier for same strength and that is very heavy for a carbon frame, not to mention expensive.

It may look funky but what is the point??? :?

Search for carbon frame and you can get one for around £ 200 to wiegh in at around 1.2 kg .... unfortunately a lot are listed as 19 in or 20 in but have really sort top tubes (I am looking to top tube of around 600 mm).

and as ^^^^ says, most of the carbon frmaes are made in same place - I have not come any bad comments about these frames but then there have not been that many - the full suspension carbon frame has got good comments.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,171
    I've been watching the chinese carbon frames on the bay and that one just doest not make sense. :(

Any frame without a seat tube is going to be either weaker for same weight or heavier for same strength and that is very heavy for a carbon frame, not to mention expensive.

It may look funky but what is the point??? :?

Search for carbon frame and you can get one for around £ 200 to wiegh in at around 1.2 kg .... unfortunately a lot are listed as 19 in or 20 in but have really sort top tubes (I am looking to top tube of around 600 mm).

and as ^^^^ says, most of the carbon frmaes are made in same place - I have not come any bad comments about these frames but then there have not been that many - the full suspension carbon frame has got good comments.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    yeah I saw that the other day too. I kinda like it, kinda hate it. pretty sure there is no point to it. It was made so someone with more money than sense would buy it
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Just people showing off (badly) with carbon. Seen it with alloy too:

51-Pd52DbCL._SS500_.jpg
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    Fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    is that alloy frame not a good one then? should I send it back?

They said it the latest zig zag technology! :P