Kick a football at Bob Wilson

deptfordmarmoset
deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Ex-Scotland/Arsenal goalkeeper-cum-broadcaster Bob Wilson has had the reckless idea of cycling to every English Premier League ground over the next few days before cheating his way up to Hampden Park. For charidee.

If you're likely to be anywhere near any of these venues ( http://www.bobwilsonsoccercycle.com/wp/the-challenge/ ) over the next few days, try kicking a football at him to see whether he can goal keep while cycling.

If you manage to knock him off his bike, you have to give £100 to the Willow Charity that he's set up.

Happy kicking!

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    That bast##d had better stay off the pavement.
  • Dunkindiver
    Dunkindiver Posts: 143
    I had a chat with him a couple of weeks ago on the seafront at Bournemouth, whilst he was out training!
    I didn't even recognise him, I was just asking him about his Bike, when It clicked! DOH!

Anyway, top bloke and a very worthwhile cause! :D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    No chance of Fernando Torres donating £100 then.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Might make a donation as Les Ferdinand is taking part. Especially as he covered the gooner badge on the jacket. Good lad.

Although I would have taken a pair of scissors to it and ridden around with a hole letting the wind in. :twisted:
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    I have just bumped into Bob and team at a cafe in Stoney Stratford. What a nice guy, no pretentions. When he needed a chair he just came over and asked for it, no minions sent. He was very happy to chat too.

They are on some very nice looking carbon Shorter bikes with SRAM kit. Strangely, Bob is wearing cycling shoes with no cleats on flat pedals. One lady, five guys. Bob is not the oldest either.

They are doing 60 miles a day. I did not see Les Ferdinand, however, and there was no mention of him either.

They were such a good crowd, I was very happy to make a donation.
  • Was one of the cyclists David Tweddell? He's 78 and an ex-GB cyclist who represented his country in 1955. I was still in nappies back then! Apparently he's a lifelong Spurs supporter. Stewie G will be glad to learn that it is possible to survive a good half-century of Spurs ups and downs and still be cycling fit.
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Was one of the cyclists David Tweddell? He's 78 and an ex-GB cyclist who represented his country in 1955. I was still in nappies back then! Apparently he's a lifelong Spurs supporter. Stewie G will be glad to learn that it is possible to survive a good half-century of Spurs ups and downs and still be cycling fit.

It may have been. The oldest guy looked about that age. Quite tall and thin. I did not get all their names.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    MarcBC wrote:
    I have just bumped into Bob and team at a cafe in Stoney Stratford. What a nice guy, no pretentions. When he needed a chair he just came over and asked for it, no minions sent. He was very happy to chat too.

They are on some very nice looking carbon Shorter bikes with SRAM kit. Strangely, Bob is wearing cycling shoes with no cleats on flat pedals. One lady, five guys. Bob is not the oldest either.

They are doing 60 miles a day. I did not see Les Ferdinand, however, and there was no mention of him either.

They were such a good crowd, I was very happy to make a donation.

Thats because he left them behind and they are all bitter.