Repair issues, Reverb and Garmin 705 (upgrate and sell?)

wollow007
wollow007 Posts: 118
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Hi Guy's

Bad week, first off I lost a couple of rides worth of Garmin details, looks like the machine has lost it's software (flash) and whatever I do It refuses to work, been through the forums, tried everything. Last resort is to chuck it back at Garmin.

Question 1: is it worth buying an 800 and selling the replacement machine on here/Ebay (when I get it back from Garmin). Is the 800 worth £200 over the sale price of a 705?

Second issue, Rock Shox Reverb has decided to sag, when I sit down on the saddle the seat sinks around 15mm and then pops up once I stand or get off. Tried everything here to, bleed 3 times, taken apart to check seals, pumped to 250psi, been through the forums and finally ended up taking the post to my local MTB shop who will be dealing with Rock Shox to sort it out.

Question 2: Ho long do Sram or whoever it is dealing with the Reverb take to sort these things out, not sure if anyone here has returned a Reverb or have knowledge of how long forks take to come back etc?

Really need to get both sorted ASAP, got a race on the 1st May and a 24-hour enduro on the 14-15th May!

What you think guys?

:cry:
http://www.clivenutley.com

Orange 5 Pro
Giant Trance X0
Mondraker Dune RR

Comments

• wollow007
    wollow007 Posts: 118
    Anyone?
    http://www.clivenutley.com

Orange 5 Pro
    Giant Trance X0
    Mondraker Dune RR
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    1 Don't care, think they are pointless.
    2 A week or two or three. Depends. With all the holidays coming up I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Not dealing with rockshox, but I sent my forks back to Marzocchi to fix a sag issue as well. They quote 1-2 weeks, i'm at the end of week 3 and no word as to when it will be back as of now.

Repairs always take longer than expected so it may be worth sending it off and switching seat posts for the races!