NW routes.

bigwilly
bigwilly Posts: 23
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hello Everyone - Completed my Road ride challenge and hoping to get bac into MTBing.

Any decent rides in the North west area, im based next to Junc 19, M6 and happy to travel sorta hour and a bit away (like Coed Llandegle) ?

PS sorry is this has been dun before, Search isnt working and have little access to internet!

Comments

• aguesty1
    aguesty1 Posts: 97
    From there you could try, Lee Quarry which is at Bacup this is linked to Cragg Quarry (both of which are trail centres but without facilities. Another option from you is to head up to Gisburn Forest which again is a trail centre. Or if you want natural stuff head out to the Peak District or the pennines, plenty of natural options around there.

Hope this helps

Happy Riding

Andy
  • bigwilly
    bigwilly Posts: 23
    Thanks for the fast reply.

Like the look of both of those! Any more ?
  • theres Delamere too. just watch out for people dropping out of the trees!!

Am off to Coed Llandegla next weekend, wave if you see me, I'll be the one screaming at the mrs for lagging. :shock:
    2011 Rockhopper Comp
    24/Seven Deviant.
    Orange Diva (for the bint)
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Check out www.pmba.org.uk over the next few months, I'm adding stuff on where to ride in Pennine Lancs at the moment, should be a load of .pdf's of route leaflets going on soon and hopefully .gpx files for routes around Rossendale, Calderdale and the West Pennine Moors as starters, just taking a while to get all the content up (Luckily Easter is coming so I'll try and get some more stuff on).

Worth keeping an eye on the site anyway as there's a news section about stuff happening locally and an events calander of mtb things happening across the area.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • DaveL
    DaveL Posts: 188
    Natural trails try ridetheclwyds.com, some really good biking around there, my fav is the killer loop that starts from Cilcain. As said above, Delamere is good, and you can get a 20 mile bike ride in, with surprisingly little fire road use, if you know how to link the good bits up.

Man made in Wales you have Llandegla, slightly further out the Marin then Penmachno then the climax trails and then Coed-y-Brenin. All worth a visit

Dave

Joined 6 years ago and this is my first post
  • The Lakes and the Dales are well worth the drive up the M6 for top notch natural stuff. North Wales for trail centres
  • Have a look at some of the maps here - Bike Maps

I've bought, and ridden, a few of the rides based around Macclesfield Forest and thought they were really good. They're mostly forest / bridleway tracks linked together with small road sections.

Definitely worth a look considering the small cost of the map.
    It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush