Someone on here has a famous Dad

2»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    hatbeard wrote:
    A thread where opinion has split 50/50 down the middle with people disagreeing on bikeradar... whatever is the world coming to? :lol:

yes that's my dad, fairly certain it's come up before.

do I think he's 'famous' probably not in the tabloid sense of the word. but he does get 'spotted' whenever he's in the UK (it's happened lots when I've met up with him for beers) and at one point his show was the highest rated on the discovery home & leisure channel. if the economy hadn't have tanked after his second series I'm sure he'd be much more prevalent on tv than he is at the moment (there were plenty of meetings with the big 4 to do stuff on some very well known shows that sadly never came to fruition).

To me (and him) he's just doing the same stuff he was doing before he lucked into a chance to film a couple of tv series. the guy on the screen is the guy he is in real life although he does seem to try not to talk with as gruff an essex accent as he normally does.

to answer the person above Quest channel have bought the rights to his show now so you'll likely find him on there. sunday was 'salvager day' so not sure if they'll show them again so soon after but they'll definitely be on again.

I'm a bit late to this but as soon as I saw that photo I knew it was you! You look exactly like your dad. You're definitely not the milkman's son...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I'm a bit late to this but as soon as I saw that photo I knew it was you! You look exactly like your dad. You're definitely not the milkman's son...

12496341794d0b5d94dd315.png
    50269_43285102932_3551512_n.jpg

No milkman involved there!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Im gonna start watching this, my mates at work are always on about it!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:

12496341794d0b5d94dd315.png
    50269_43285102932_3551512_n.jpg

No milkman involved there!

Ah, so you inherited the hat from your mother's side!
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Love the Salvager and lucked onto seeing some episodes on Sunday, some of which I'd not seen before.

Tell the old man from me he's tip top, HatBeard! He's got skills. 8)

Loved the episodes in France too.