LBS charge for fitting bushes

mrfmilo
mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
edited April 2011 in MTB general
How much roughly will a LBS (good one) charge to fit some new bushes to a shock? Already got them so just need to be fitted..

Cheers

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    depends. give them a call for a quote or go and ask
  • mrfmilo
    Depends on what? And I would do that if it wasn't sunday, hence asking on here for a rough idea.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    mrfmilo wrote:
    Depends on what? And I would do that if it wasn't sunday, hence asking on here for a rough idea.
    depends on the shop and how long it will take them
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the same as if i was supplying and fitting the DU bushes.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mrfmilo
    How much would you charge nick?
  • nicklouse
    it depends as there are different sizes and etc.

but about £20
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • mrfmilo
    It is a DHX3, and already off the bike so should be a quick job. Ah damn was expecting under a tenner.. cheers nick
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't even give you the time of day for under a tenner.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    cooldad wrote:
    I wouldn't even give you the time of day for under a tenner.
    Yup

A lot of workshops have a minimum charge.

Ours is £10

If you buy the stuff from us it is fitted free.
    mrfmilo wrote:
    It is a DHX3, and already off the bike so should be a quick job. Ah damn was expecting under a tenner.. cheers nick
    A quick job isn't always as quick as a customer thinks it should be due to answering phones, serving customers, dealing with reps, ordering parts.....etc...
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • nicklouse
    Andy B wrote:

what so many people forget.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    We used to get customers, just total randomers we had never seen before, expecting us to do work for FREE because it 'would ony take a minute or two'. Yeah, well do it yourself then.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    supersonic wrote:
    We used to get customers, just total randomers we had never seen before, expecting us to do work for FREE because it 'would ony take a minute or two'. Yeah, well do it yourself then.
    :lol:

If I had a quid for every bugger who came to the workshop door asking if I could pump their tyres up....

..No mate, I can't I'm far too busy (to spend all day pumping tyres up for folks who don't buy owt from the shop) here's a pump (cheapest naffest pump we have) you can do it yourself.

Great fun watching the thick chavs trying to figure out how to pump up a presta tube on 'their' bike :lol:

Obviously the lovely ladies get the assistance they require ;)
    nicklouse wrote:
    Andy B wrote:

what so many people forget.
    Yup
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • mrfmilo
    The plan was to do it myself, but change of plan now :lol: And I wasn't expecting it to be free..
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    I did all the bearings and bushes on the AM myself except the 4 roller bearings within the Equilink bar. I sent that to the LBS (Swinnterons, Cannock Chase) and it was £10, money well spent.
    Sadly there are some jobs I just cannot do, like indexing :shock:
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    Seriously buy the tool to do it yourself and then all you need extra is a hammer. I think the tools are £20 and I've done all mine since 2004. 10 minutes job max including removing and refitting the shock and not worth paying for if you ride a lot.