_

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    WOW

That looks really really good...
  • stardude
    stardude Posts: 255
    nice! but whats with the single white spoke?
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    It looks cool and makes you go faster. Obviously.
  • zexel
    zexel Posts: 54
    edited November 2011
    _
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    oh my eyes !
    very Euro styling...nice and different..good work fella
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    stardude wrote:
    nice! but whats with the single white spoke?

Surely it's a tribute to the King of Pop (TM) - Michael Jackson.

Shamon.

Nice wheels by the way.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • anne_p
    anne_p Posts: 35
    Nice 8)
  • Borat_im_frickin_pissed_off-s347x447-132095-535.jpg
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Nice bike, shame about the wheels :wink:

White wheels just look wrong to my eyes.

Each to their own though obviously.
    More problems but still living....
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Ay caramba! :shock:

The wheels suit the frame perfectly, nice one.

White saddle with a red stripe e.g.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/SAS ... ls---white

and job's a good 'un.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    zexel wrote:
    dscf3135x.jpg
    04.jpg
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    They look very nice, But why has American not got a capital letter, I know its something silly but it will bug me!!!
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    c0ugars wrote:
    They look very nice, But why has American not got a capital letter, I know its something silly but it will bug me!!!

Good lord that is terrible. I'd take them back or get some tipex and change into 'American'.

Studies have proved capital letters on rims can have a increase in speed of around 2.3%, which is a lot if your a mega pro

sort it Out
  • keasden
    keasden Posts: 24
    Possibly the nicest looking bike I've seen on here, beautiful.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    keasden wrote:

It's all down to opinion of course but get real!
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    c0ugars wrote:

Good lord that is terrible. I'd take them back or get some tipex and change into 'American'.

Studies have proved capital letters on rims can have a increase in speed of around 2.3%, which is a lot if your a mega pro

sort it Out

Studies have also proved that 'a' is more aero than 'A'
  • lemoncurd wrote:
    Zoomer37 wrote:
    c0ugars wrote:

sort it Out

Studies have also proved that 'a' is more aero than 'A'

Why not remove the "a" entirely, you'd then have 'merican classics? Imagine the weight savings!
  • keasden
    keasden Posts: 24
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

There are no doubt faster bikes, there are more exotic bikes and there are more expensive bikes on here. I happen to think that for the money spent this looks the buiness in the colour and wheel combination shown.

As you say, its all about opinion, I was merely expressing mine, no idea why you felt the need to be negative about that.
  • jim453
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

There are no doubt faster bikes, there are more exotic bikes and there are more expensive bikes on here. I happen to think that for the money spent this looks the buiness in the colour and wheel combination shown.

As you say, its all about opinion, I was merely expressing mine, no idea why you felt the need to be negative about that.

Totally agree.

Obviously this is a mid range frame (and a very good one) but it is made to look absolutely jaw dropping with some perfectly matching wheels.

Very nice work.

Nocheckmate, I don't know what you are riding but I very much doubt it looks as good as this, whatever it may cost.

moron
  • jim453 wrote:
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

Totally agree.

Obviously this is a mid range frame (and a very good one) but it is made to look absolutely jaw dropping with some perfectly matching wheels.

Very nice work.

Nocheckmate, I don't know what you are riding but I very much doubt it looks as good as this, whatever it may cost.

moron

i second that 100% it is a fantastic looking bike!
  • dgstewart
    dgstewart Posts: 252
    Never mind how they look (pretty smart I agree) - I want to know how they perform! I was/am very tempted by these wheels as they seem a good price/weight/aero balance, but have no experience of American Classic wheels, nor do I know anyone who does.

Once you've had a few rides can you update us? Ta in advance.
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    love the wheels, suits the bike perfectly,
    the white spoke is a nice touch, abit like the single red one on some mavics
    how much did you pay for them and where from?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

'Cause it's a fugly bike with even fuglier wheels and you clearly have no taste. What's negative about that?

A for effort though on the bike. They should see you coming from miles away.
  • zexel
    zexel Posts: 54
    edited November 2011
    dgstewart wrote:
    Never mind how they look (pretty smart I agree) - I want to know how they perform! I was/am very tempted by these wheels as they seem a good price/weight/aero balance, but have no experience of American Classic wheels, nor do I know anyone who does.

Once you've had a few rides can you update us? Ta in advance.
  • Barteos
    Barteos Posts: 657
    Very classy and understated. What make are they?

:wink:
  • jim453
    Pokerface wrote:
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

'Cause it's a fugly bike with even fuglier wheels and you clearly have no taste. What's negative about that?

Whereas you'll slide in right under the radar in full green Ireland cycling team skin suit, shouting at the top of your lungs about the Olympic games.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

Whereas you'll slide in right under the radar in full green Ireland cycling team skin suit, shouting at the top of your lungs about the Olympic games.

Yeah, but at least my bike look cool :roll:
  • Nice looking bike, and although I like the look of the wheels, I think with all the loud graphics it makes the look of the bike a bit too busy.

Good luck with keeping them clean. I've got a Trek 2.5 which came with Bonty white rimmed wheels and they stay clean for about 10-seconds.
  • jim453
    Pokerface wrote:
    jim453 wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:
    keasden wrote:
    nochekmate wrote:
    keasden wrote:

Yeah, but at least my bike look cool :roll:

Judging by any one of the many pictures of yourself you've posted here and elsewhere that is unfortunately not the case. How many days left now?