My first outing :D

Cog Head
Cog Head Posts: 53
edited April 2011 in MTB general
My first outing today... i LOVED it! today have been my first proper outing on my fury, ive clocked up 44Kms / 27 Miles :shock: i went down the canal and then unto a Huge bit of woodland called Hopwas woods (its in Tamworth) and i found some nice trails there, loads of up hill stuff with even more silly speed down hill runs ducking and diving the bushes and trees! What a rush :D
i was expecting to see some more bikes out today... proper bikes anyways, and that was on the canal.

i honestly didnt think id enjoy it as much as i have done! cant say the same for my ass tho... its broken!
everything is aching, but its a good ache... if one exists!
had a few stop offs at some pubs allong the canal too, just had a cheeky one as i was passing... as ya do!

just cleaned the bike, had a shower, and now im sat on front of the tv with a beer... ill be fast a zeddin in no time!

Comments

• piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Good choice of bike,very capable all rounder.
    The ass will get used to it,dont be afraid to play with the set up it took me a few rides to get the seat and controls right.
    Also dont neglect the rebound ajustment on the fork.
  • Cog Head
    Cog Head Posts: 53
    theres a few things i need to change, first will be the position of the seat, i think its about an inch too far back, still not sure if its high enough yet tho, so that will get sorted.
    what sort of stuff do i need to do with the forks then? i know about rebound, and damping, but whats all this about the air pressure in them? ive found the little valve on the left fork top...
    and the front brakes need sorting, i cant be dealing with the infuriating screeching when im going slow, or hill climbing! theyre not supposed to do that are they?
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Not sure about fork adjustments, personally I leave that to the bike shop. But screeching brakes will usually go away, may be a contaminate on the pads or rotors though. However it may just be them bedding in..