How often should I have to bleed air from RS Lyric 2 step?

gtd.
gtd. Posts: 626
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Got my RS Lyrics back from Sram a fortnight ago since then must have done about 60 miles mostly commuting and some very light off road cycle track type stuff as I've had bronchitis lately.

the last week I lost a little travel around 10-15mm

I tried pumping the fork to 145psi (max according to sticker) and some travel returned

I then let out all the air, then removed the travel knob (2mm allen key).

there is a torx screw under it I loosened this and it released some air and a tiny amount of red rum. and when I re filled the air chamber full travel had returned.
Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    to answer your question. Never.

something is still wrong with them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gtd.
    Thought so damn Sram tech,

They went back once to Fishers who replaced the '09 cart with the '10 version

Then went to Sram who replaced a broken "wavy washer" and "bled" them according to the service sheet

They came back leaking oil from the top cap as the o-ring wasn't fitted right

went back and now 14 days later they are loosing travel again.

Thinking Solo Air conversion time as I've lost faith in Sram's warranty centre. might service them myself and add enduro seals and a red sag o-ring
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Aye, as them to convert to fixed length or a coil u-turn, they shouldn't give you any grief with it, it's a standard warranty response for these things. When I phoned up TF with mine I got as far as saying "I've got some 2-step Lyr..." and he said "Aye, they'll have blown up, we'll convert them to coil for you for £X" without needing to know any more :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • gtd.
    Rang SRAM... send em back next moth we've ran out of two step carts :evil: