Antelope 3-up TTT

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited April 2011 in Amateur race
I'm riding this in a few hours and I'm crapping myself!

I know, just a bit of fun and it's the taking part that's important, but stil, I'm very nervous :(

So if you see three fat old blokes in HWCC kit wobbling around the course, one of them will be me. :oops:

Comments

• tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    See you there ;-)

What time are you off?
  • Eddy S
    Eddy S Posts: 1,013
    proto wrote:
    I'm riding this in a few hours and I'm crapping myself!

I know, just a bit of fun and it's the taking part that's important, but stil, I'm very nervous :(

So if you see three fat old blokes in HWCC kit wobbling around the course, one of them will be me. :oops:
    Good luck Tim! 8)

Is there a start list? I'm not sure if I'll make it down to cheer you on as the leg is really giving me grief today. Let me know how you get on.
    I’m a sprinter – I warmed up yesterday.
  • tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    Hope the guy getting airlifted to hospital was ok.

Does anyone know how he's doing?
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    Heard he had a broken jaw, but wouldn't have thought that warranted a helicopter ride, so maybe worse, don't know. Apparently another crash later and a resultant broken collar bone.

BTW 1h 25m 16s. Fairly pleased with that. I was our weak link and couldn't go any faster. My daughter's team came second with 1h 22m :D
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Apparently police at the scene said it wasn't life threatening. I hope he makes a full recovery!

Excellent event, definitely the most fun time trial I do. I had an awesome first 1.5 laps, then started to suffer, and pretty much died with 4miles to go! Still, chuffed with a sub 1:10 :)
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk