Uvex Crash replacement policy

baconater
baconater Posts: 72
edited April 2011 in MTB general
i had a little accident today and fell off my bike, luckily had my helmet on but now its has a dent in and some scratches. just wondering if this is still safe to use or if Uvex has a crash replacement policy.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present

so im grabbing my bike and going for a ride

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Nope, the helmet isn't safe to use anymore

Not sure about crash replacement

you could ask Uvex http://www.uvex-sports.de/en/contact-uv ... ex-sports/
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or just buy a new one. It's done it's job, you've had your money's worth.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • baconater
    baconater Posts: 72
    i cant really afford to spend another £90 that the problem as i got this one with my bike to work scheme for like half price
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present

so im grabbing my bike and going for a ride
  • ricardo_smooth
    ricardo_smooth Posts: 1,281
    all helmets have to pass certain safety standards. Just buy a cheaper one that you can afford. The helmet is bin fodder now by the way.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Baconater wrote:
    i had a little accident today and fell off my bike, luckily had my helmet on but now its has a dent in and some scratches. just wondering if this is still safe to use or if Uvex has a crash replacement policy.

Most MFR's have a crash replacement scheme. I'm not at work atm so can't check. If I remember I'll look on Monday for you. It does work out to be a considerable chunk of dosh off if they do.

And like others have said, bin the lid, it's knackered.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk