Armstrong lied to Andyp

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2011 in Pro race
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... YHeadlines

Ok, so not quite a lie as it wasn't "professional"
:wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    OMG, someone actually lied to someone else?? Strange though, because I've looked out the window and the Earth hasn't come to an end(yet). Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It kinda figures that Dennis would be the first one to post on an Armstrong thread
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    ^^^^^

Proof, if it were needed, that Americans cannot do sarcasm... :roll:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Pokerface wrote:
    It kinda figures that Dennis would be the first one to post on an Armstrong thread

Oh, did he?

Didn't see as I'm using troll blocker software, but it does figure.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    Pokerface wrote:

I think if you look closely you'll find that I was second. First, as usual, was his follower of every move and word, iain72. iain72 pokes fun at someone I poke fun at him. Seems like a fair trade, is it not?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    dennisn wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

I think if you look closely you'll find that I was second. First, as usual, was his follower of every move and word, iain72. iain72 pokes fun at someone I poke fun at him. Seems like a fair trade, is it not?

No - you were first. The thread cannot exist unless the original post is created. You then were the first to post in the new thread.

Do I need to send you the manual on how the internet works again? :lol:
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Who'd have thought it, eh? Armstrong telling barefaced lies. Again.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    andyp wrote:
    Who'd have thought it, eh? Armstrong telling barefaced lies. Again.
    Really, so what's new
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    I kind of get the feeling this could be big. Maybe not for LA as such but all the russian riders and scarponi and proper police getting involved.

Maybe I'm being a bit naive about the UCI's role and resources but shame on them for not initiating this sort of investigation themselves.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    dave milne wrote:
    I kind of get the feeling this could be big. Maybe not for LA as such but all the russian riders and scarponi and proper police getting involved.

Maybe I'm being a bit naive about the UCI's role and resources but shame on them for not initiating this sort of investigation themselves.

I know, I just wish they were as pro-active on doping as other sporting bodies, like MLB, the NFL and the ATP ;)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    dave milne wrote:

You're being very unfair on the UCI there. Ultimately, all they can do by themselves, both legally and financially, is test the riders.
    What's going on in Italy is a full on police investigation - cross border co-operation, wire taps, surveillance, search warrants, dawn raids. Real Jimmy McNulty stuff.
    Expecting the UCI or WADA to do something like that on their own is like expecting United Airlines to bring Bin Laden to justice.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:

You're being very unfair on the UCI there. Ultimately, all they can do by themselves, both legally and financially, is test the riders.
    What's going on in Italy is a full on police investigation - cross border co-operation, wire taps, surveillance, search warrants, dawn raids. Real Jimmy McNulty stuff.
    Expecting the UCI or WADA to do something like that on their own is like expecting United Airlines to bring Bin Laden to justice.
    Fair Point.

The thread starts with a link that says LA and Ferrari did business and became very good friends before 2004.
    It seems nobody is denying that.

I do love things that are Facts.
    Say No more, :roll:
    Now awaits the broadcast from Ohio.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Bit of a non story really so he met up with a guy he was friendly with....big deal !, you guys need to stop wetting your pants every time Lance is mentioned by unamed sources in a doping investigation.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    Pokerface wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

No - you were first. The thread cannot exist unless the original post is created. You then were the first to post in the new thread.

Do I need to send you the manual on how the internet works again? :lol:

He was the first to post a reply, surely the first post was the original poster. also Can you send me a manual how the internet works as well please :lol:
  • andyp
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Bit of a non story really so he met up with a guy he was friendly with....big deal !, you guys need to stop wetting your pants every time Lance is mentioned by unamed sources in a doping investigation.

You need to stop taking every press release or public comment from the Armstrong camp at face value and start thinking for yourself.

I'm sure their friendship is based on a shared interests like good food, fine wine, blood doping, etc. :wink:
  • dennisn
    Interesting how the article says the doctor was CLEARED of criminal charges, in 2006.
    Of course this doesn't mean a thing to people who KNOW what the real deal is. Same old story from you guys, you know more about this man and his associates than any police department in the world. Really, I mean really, have you ever considered that you don't know sh*t. I think there is a great possibility of that being true. :roll: :roll:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    dennisn wrote:
    Interesting how the article says the doctor was CLEARED of criminal charges, in 2006.
    Of course this doesn't mean a thing to people who KNOW what the real deal is. Same old story from you guys, you know more about this man and his associates than any police department in the world. Really, I mean really, have you ever considered that you don't know sh*t. I think there is a great possibility of that being true. :roll: :roll:

Ah well, that explains why he still has a life ban from the Italian Cycling Federation, meaning that any cyclists working with him risk a 3-6 month ban regardless of any possible positive test.

We may know sh*t, dennis, but you apparently know even less.

Sorry, I know, I know, don't feed the troll...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

Ah well, that explains why he still has a life ban from the Italian Cycling Federation, meaning that any cyclists working with him risk a 3-6 month ban regardless of any possible positive test.

Just how is it that you know all of this. You've never helped in any investigation into doping, never attended any doping trial, never saw whatever evidence the police have, never even spoke to the doctor, probably never spoke to anyone associated with him, you have no useful evidence against him in your possession, you've never witnessed him do anything wrong(and probably have never even seen him in person). Yet you presume to judge. To be honest, I know exactly how much you know.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,559
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Just how is it that you know all of this. You've never helped in any investigation into doping, never attended any doping trial, never saw whatever evidence the police have, never even spoke to the doctor, probably never spoke to anyone associated with him, you have no useful evidence against him in your possession, you've never witnessed him do anything wrong(and probably have never even seen him in person). Yet you presume to judge. To be honest, I know exactly how much you know.

The fact that he's got a LIFE BAN from the Italian Cycling Federation is a matter of record, dennis. You don't actually have to sit down and have a beer with the Federation President to find it out.... Of course, you know so much more than the Italian Cycling Federation, don't you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • andyp
    dennisn wrote:

In the criminal case he was initially convicted of supplying doping products to professional cyclists then cleared on appeal, due to a technicality to do with the statute of limitations.

The Italian Federation, who adjudicate on sporting matters, saw enough evidence to ban him from coaching professional riders.

So the real deal is that he was, and probably still is, supplying doping products to cyclists.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

The fact that he's got a LIFE BAN from the Italian Cycling Federation is a matter of record, dennis. You don't actually have to sit down and have a beer with the Federation President to find it out.... Of course, you know so much more than the Italian Cycling Federation, don't you?

No, you've got me all wrong. Think about it. I'm the one who's asking all the questions. You guys are the ones who know all or at least claim to. Hence my questions i.e. Have you ever seen any illegal activity by this man? Do you have any evidence, in your possession, that proves this man did anything wrong? Things like that which, of course, you never answer. Then again I already have a pretty good idea of what that answer would be.
  • andyp
    This forum so needs an ignore function.
  • moray_gub
    andyp wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

You need to stop taking every press release or public comment from the Armstrong camp at face value and start thinking for yourself.

I'm sure their friendship is based on a shared interests like good food, fine wine, blood doping, etc. :wink:

These daysI dont really pay much attention to any Armstrong press releases or comments i couldn't really give a monkeys, its just that every time LA is mentioned you lot seem to slaver at the mouth in anticipation whether there is something in it or not. Its not just with LA though I mean you in particular really take yourself far too seriously you are a punter on a forum yet you state that you contacted the UCI to inform them a rider is doping because he trains at altitude......i mean come on !
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Oh surprise surprise Lance`s No 1 Fanboy is on. Has he not hired you yet to take on Big Jeff as well ? - You better go look out your Radioshack Jersey and Trek bike Moray.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    andyp wrote:

+ one million.
  • andyp
    Moray Gub wrote:
    These daysI dont really pay much attention to any Armstrong press releases or comments i couldn't really give a monkeys, its just that every time LA is mentioned you lot seem to slaver at the mouth in anticipation whether there is something in it or not. Its not just with LA though I mean you in particular really take yourself far too seriously you are a punter on a forum yet you state that you contacted the UCI to inform them a rider is doping because he trains at altitude......i mean come on !

Armstrong has been the biggest name in the sport for the past 15 years so personally speaking, I find it quite interesting to follow this story as it unfolds, especially as it may see his whole 'legend' come crashing down if he's finally nailed for doping.

As for your little personal attack, we're all punters on a forum. That isn't all we are though, is it? For all you know, I could be Pat McQuaid's secret lover.
  • Arkibal
    Arkibal Posts: 850
    afx237vi wrote:
    andyp wrote:

+ one million.

+ another million
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    andyp wrote:

+ one million.

Surely we're able to do this ourselves. It's only one person who has nothing to contribute.

I like the fact he can post his drivel. It's because this forum is unmoderated and generally self-policed.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I think you'll find Armstrong was only in St Moritz to visit his old friend Heinrich Haussler.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Oh surprise surprise Lance`s No 1 Fanboy is on. Has he not hired you yet to take on Big Jeff as well ? - You better go look out your Radioshack Jersey and Trek bike Moray.

So utterly predictable .