2010 Cannondale System Six All Carbon Bike

SFBrodie
SFBrodie Posts: 9
edited May 2014 in Road buying advice
I’m in the market for a used road bike. I have the opportunity to purchase a system six for $1,700….it’s like new. Deal or no Deal?? I ride a lot and compete in triathlons from time time to time if that helps.
Cheers!
Brodie

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    What groupset, wheels and other parts are on the frame?
  • SFBrodie
    Thanks for the reply!! Here’s what the he sent me:

This is ALMOST NEW 2010 54cm Cannondale System Six ALL CARBON bike.
    The bike components are as follows:
    Cannondale 54cm all carbon frame and fork
    Ultegra 6600 front and rear derailleurs (Ice Grays)
    Ultegra 6600 shifters and brake calipers (Ice Grays)
    Dura Ace 7800 53-39 cranks (no pedal is included)
    Shimano wheels with new Continental 4000 tires
    Ritchey 100mm stem +/- 6degrees
    Ritchey carbon seat post
    CarbonTech carbon drop bars (44cm c-c)
    VDO pace computer (measures distance, time, pace etc)
    Specialized Toupe saddle 155 (you will get a newer one in all white color)
    Bike weighs around 16lbs and there is not even a scratch on its paint
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The System 6 isn't all carbon though, it has a carbon front end and an aluminium rear triangle...

If in good nick then it's worth about 1200 dollars tops...

Plus, it production was stopped in 2008 IIRC...
  • SFBrodie
    Thanks!!! New to the forum…glad I found it!!!
  • taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    Further to what napoleon said, i was also thinking the same... The year of manufecture is 2008-9 at best but cant be 2010. 6600 and 7800s stopped showing on bikes from 2009-10.

This ones definitely not 2010!

Also find it questionable that the details of the Shimano wheels are not listed.
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • roadiesean
    roadiesean Posts: 577
    Mate I would give it a miss, and I speak as an ex owner of a number of Cannondales. The System Six, as NapD says is NOT ALL CARBON, it is a weird mix of carbon (nano) front end and ally back end, if you are a 100kg sprinter that breaks bikes with your HUGE power then it is perfect, if you want to ride a bike, love it and enjoy having feeling in your fingers and toes ever agin, then give it a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEE berth.

I was a hardcore big gear sprinting animal when I had mine, I bought it in Australia and lived somewhere where the roads were like glass and it was PERFECT, stiffest, fastest MOFO in the world. I moved back to the "real world" roads of England and it was a nightmare. Hideously uncomfy, broken up completely after 20 miles with no feeling in any bits of your body for hours afterwards.

Oh, and the paint was crap and fell off wherever the 2 materials met.

In short, the worst bike Cannondale ever made (IMHO)

Buy a CAAD 7 for half that money and you'll love it, or if you must have carbon the Six is good, but feels like every other East Asian carbon bike. Buy Cannondale from when they were properly built of aluminium in the USA and you'll never regret it. They are awesome and you won't see another one.
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    I ride one every weekend, great bike. I'm not sure what roadiesean is on about. It is comnfortable enough, light and goes well. I've ridden a number of bikes and the System 6 has more built in comfort than some aluminium ones.
    Read the many reviews on the internet - it's a good bike.
  • west green
    west green Posts: 134
    Hi - resurrecting an old thread, how much should I pay for an NOS System Six frame, and can anyone confirm that the later models of the System Six were made with regular modular carbon, as opposed to the first editions which were Hi Mod?

Thanks, Glen