London marathon route

littleking02
littleking02 Posts: 132
edited April 2011 in The bottom bracket
Is it possible to do the london marathon on bike before the events starts on the day?
ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!

Comments

• Aha, I discovered too late last year that there was a bunch of riders who'd met up at the roundabout on Blackheath and who had done a ''pre-race-risk-assessment-trial'' (PRRAT) of the route. But I'm not sure what time they're meeting up - it was definitely after sunrise because I saw photos - but it looked murky dawn light so not all that long after.
  • I just spotted a Saturday night route inspection being organised by the LFGSS

http://www.lfgss.com/thread58008.html
  • Yeah 8pm is a little too late for me. What time is the start? if I start before the schedule I don't think some one will pull me aside. I just rather join people than doing it on my own.
    ITS BY DOING WHAT EVER, THAT YOU BECOME WHOEVER!
  • The élite women start at 9am but the ''anticipated'' street closures are from 7am at the beginning of the race and from 8am from Deptford. From what I remember there was an unofficial starting point/meeting time at the roundabout on Blackheath at around 6:30am. I've no idea whether they started after the closure time but I wouldn't be surprised if they were on still-open roads from around Evelyn Street, Deptford.

I might pop out this evening and see whether I can get a couple of photos of the nightriders at approx 7 miles in from the bottom of my road.