Mondraker Foxy R - Drivetrain Movement

Giggsmaster
Giggsmaster Posts: 632
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I have the Mondraker Foxy R and have noticed some movement when pedalling uphill. When putting down some pressure the chainset feels as though it slips and I can see the whole chainset move sideways.

I have checked the crank and all seems tight. I did find that the rear wheel has a slight movement when pulled side to side by hand, only a couple of mm. So I took off the wheel to check the freehub and found the same, it has a slight movement. Could this be the problem with the drivetrain?

The hub is onoff. I tried to tighten the freehub but couldn't get the axle out, any ideas?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    worn bearings? loose cassette? worn bearings. flexy frame?

could be anything.

strip and work it out.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I had a problem on my Foxy rr frame where the pivot bolts just above the BB came loose after 2 rides and caused all sorts of probs. One bolt actually fell out at the bottom of a rocky descent, I noticed it first going uphill when the chain rubbed the front derailleur because the rear end was moving that much! I since checked and found quite a few of the bolts loose! Bit annoyed as 2 rides in and it's falling to bits lol. Should have checked everything after the first ride tho