New riding group around Otley area - free tuition offered.

**freerider**
**freerider** Posts: 5
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Hi there. I'm looking to start a new riding group in the Otley area - male and female are welcome, preferably with some riding experience though not essential. If you would like to progress to more technical riding, I can help with this. I ride Stainburn regularly and local woods (Esholt). I also venture across to Gisburn and Dalby forests. If you fancy this sort of thing, get in touch. All the best - Shaun. ;-)

Comments

• Mark909
    Mark909 Posts: 456
    Hi Shaun. Im in north leeds. I usually ride solo but Ive been thinking recently I should hook up with a club or something. I normally ride meanwood valley trail, chevin, stainburn and further afield such as llandegla and dalby but wouldnt mind being shown some other trails local to me. Let me know what your plans are!
  • Wobblehead
    Wobblehead Posts: 264
    Sounds too good to be true, let me know when you get a ride together.

Ed
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    Hi there. I'm looking to start a new riding group in the Otley area - male and female are welcome, preferably with some riding experience though not essential. If you would like to progress to more technical riding, I can help with this. I ride Stainburn regularly and local woods (Esholt). I also venture across to Gisburn and Dalby forests. If you fancy this sort of thing, get in touch. All the best - Shaun. ;-)

I'm over in Ilkley so only down the road.

Intrigued about Esholt woods as me and the mrs are considering moving house in that direction - I'm not around for a couple of weeks but if you're heading that way sometime let me know.
  • Would definately be interested - usually ride meanwood valley etc. If you organise something [if I can get time off - kids etc] I'll be there.

Cheers
    Paul
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    I've met Ed and Simon after a thread about riders around Skipton and I would be interested in joining you on some rides. I'm fairly experienced downhill but still lots to learn, just need the legs on the uphills (or a tow rope on Ed's bike) :)
  • clodhoppa74
    clodhoppa74 Posts: 331
    we're not far from skipton (we being me, just getting back on bike and carol, learning). do local trails and gisburn, did stainburn far too early on in my riding and damaged me and the bike! :lol:

anything that's not mega technical i think i or we'd be up for it.
  • Andy2603
    Andy2603 Posts: 32
    Great idea, count me in!! Any advice and tips would be great.
  • bazmundo
    bazmundo Posts: 20
    Hey, I am definitely keen to find some new people to ride with as I have recently returned to Leeds and wasn't into mountain biking last time I lived here so keen to get to know routes. I am pretty inexperienced as have only been riding for just over a year but have been to quite a few trail centres and my fitness levels are pretty good.
  • CharlieH
    I had a ride out with Shaun last night on Ilkley moor and it was great seeing if I could keep up on the downhills. Top bloke is Shaun and it would be great to get some others out on future rides
  • psymon01
    psymon01 Posts: 46
    CharlieH wrote:
    I had a ride out with Shaun last night on Ilkley moor

What were conditions like? Was going to head up today but as it pissed it down yesterday thought it may be a bit boggy in parts.
  • CharlieH
    Traction was fine, didn't slip once but it chucked it down as soon as we got to the trig point. Still a great ride though and tried to follow Shaun through some of the rockier bits which was fun and scary at the same time
  • clodhoppa74
    will try and make one of these once my legs get up to speed, as it were.
  • CharlieH
    will try and make one of these once my legs get up to speed, as it were.
    Don't worry about that! My legs are useless up hill and Shaun rides a downhill bike so isn't adverse to walking either ;)
  • clodhoppa74
    you were still caning me at gisburn though! :lol:

haven't managed to get out at all since then, but been waiting for my leg to heal before i fall off again! :lol:
  • CharlieH
    Hardly! That was the first time I've ever beaten anyone up hill and my legs were useless for days after that ride :)

How's the tattoo anyway? Healing I hope