Matt Lloyd

RichN95.
RichN95. Posts: 27,241
edited April 2011 in Pro race
Apparently (according to Inner Ring), he's been sacked by Omega Pharma.

For 'image' problems, whatever that means. They expressly say that it's nothing to do with doping.

Strange.
Twitter: @RichN95

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Australian
    Sacked
    Green Edge

:?: :idea:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Neil McC
    Neil McC Posts: 625
    iainf72 wrote:
    Australian
    Sacked
    Green Edge

+1
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    Australian
    Sacked
    Green Edge

Ah, that would make sense.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    RichN95 wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Australian
    Sacked
    Green Edge

Ah, that would make sense.

and how this answer got onto the CN forum. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Anyhow, yup, looks like it...........if you can read between the lines of his sub Cantona-esque rambling:
    Of late, subconscious elements have crept in slowly and steadily leading to a bogus phase of being so eager to be involved mixed with the slow process of recovery we cannot be 100% sure the first race will be of the highest quality, but thankfully the people surrounding me have blessed me with the confidence to once again feel the heat around the corner. Not to mention a brilliant team who’ve given me the opportunity to once again step it up a notch in order to remain directly driven towards the event I anticipate the most- The Giro D’Italia.. If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes.
  • RichN95.

Look dumb here, look smart there. (Not that it's difficult to look smart there).
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:

Look dumb here, look smart there. (Not that it's difficult to look smart there).

You are a venerable sage over there, for sure!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if I should be insulted.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,462
    Anyhow, yup, looks like it...........if you can read between the lines of his sub Cantona-esque rambling:
    Of late, subconscious elements have crept in slowly and steadily leading to a bogus phase of being so eager to be involved mixed with the slow process of recovery we cannot be 100% sure the first race will be of the highest quality, but thankfully the people surrounding me have blessed me with the confidence to once again feel the heat around the corner. Not to mention a brilliant team who’ve given me the opportunity to once again step it up a notch in order to remain directly driven towards the event I anticipate the most- The Giro D’Italia.. If Iv’e been bleeding in places you cant see, and feeling the affects of doors being locked, I’ve called the people who change the locks, and the gate is open… All I have to do is ‘opan the gate’..

Many people say ‘dont let yourself get attachet to annything you are youre not willing to feel the ramifications around the corner’.. But this corner (as twisted as it may have been) is behind me, and I refuse to look behind as my character fails to let me do so, particularly disliking the place I was sitting in. So I’ll face the concequences I’ve attached myself with. through the assistance of particular and fattest crew of understanding people of these life-style changes.

I appreciate the team are keen to stress it's not a drugs thing, but having read that I'm not convinced I believe them.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    GreenEdge may well have played a part, but I'm deducing that the boy's not in the best mental health.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I'm trying to figure out if I should be insulted.

No, you shouldn't
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Please tell me that was machine translated from Flemish to French then to English.
  • Tusher
    If only it was.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Never struck me as a guy who fitted in with what's a pretty old skool team.

The only stuff he did with Omega was totally on his own ( i.e. stage 6 in last years Giro and hoovering up the odd mountain sprint).
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840

The only stuff he did with Omega was totally on his own ( i.e. stage 6 in last years Giro and hoovering up the odd mountain sprint).

didn't he win KOM
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

didn't he win KOM

Exactly - winning stage 6, hoovering up the odd mountain sprint :P
  • Is he now free to sign with a new team immediately then?
  • Tusher
    Presumably.
    And presumably that will be an Australian team.
  • Gingerflash
    Gingerflash Posts: 239
    From reading that text, which I think was written in English first, I'd agree with Tusher that he appears to be having some serious psychiatric problems.