tour de france teams

cyclopsbiker
cyclopsbiker Posts: 516
edited May 2011 in Commuting chat
anybody know where I can find details on the tour de france teams and where they train?

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Try posting in the Pro Race section, you'll get plenty of helpful answers there.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    This time of the season you'll find most teams don't train together as a whole.

A lot of riders are based in Monaco and also Girona. Tuscany is also popular.

Early season camps are usually Majorca, Canaries and southern Spain.

All the protour teams have websites.
  • thanks...I'm searching for a team from Sheffield/Derbyshire....any clues? I have limited access to the internet at the moment so all answers greatly appreciated! searching on my blackberry isn't easy!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,354
    thanks...I'm searching for a team from Sheffield/Derbyshire...!

In the Tour De France?

The only British team in the Tour are Sky - Black and blue kit?

I can't see any of the continental teams coming to Sheffield
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • The organisers of the Tour de France have completed selection of the 22 teams who will set off from the Vendée on Saturday 2nd July.

The following 18 teams have been selected in compliance with International Cycling Union rules:

OMEGA PHARMA-LOTTO (BEL)
    QUICKSTEP CYCLING TEAM (BEL)
    SAXO BANK SUNGARD (DEN)
    EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI (ESP)
    MOVISTAR TEAM (ESP)
    AG2R LA MONDIALE (FRA)
    SKY PROCYCLING (GBR)
    LAMPRE - ISD (ITA)
    LIQUIGAS-CANNONDALE (ITA)
    PRO TEAM ASTANA (KAZ)
    TEAM LEOPARD - TREK (LUX)
    RABOBANK CYCLING TEAM (HOL)
    VACANSOLEIL-DCM PRO CYCLING TEAM (HOL)
    KATUSHA TEAM (RUS)
    BMC RACING TEAM (USA)
    HTC-HIGHROAD (USA)
    TEAM GARMIN-CERVELO (USA)
    TEAM RADIOSHACK (USA)

4 other teams, invited by the organisers, will make up the field for the 98th edition of Le Tour:

COFIDIS, LE CREDIT EN LIGNE (FRA)
    FDJ (FRA)
    SAUR - SOJASUN (FRA)
    TEAM EUROPCAR (FRA)

From http://www.letour.fr/2011/TDF/COURSE/us ... zone165001

I can't see any team which might have a Sheffield/Derbyshire connection. As TWH says, Sky are the only British team.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I always look out for AG2R as they were a client of ours about 4 years ago and they once had one of the bikes in the reception of their head office. Long before I took an interest in cycling.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • thanks guys! much appreciated. I'll go back to the source of the rumour and see what other bits of information I can find out.
  • There are other pro-cycling teams in the UK, though. Last month I was riding with* some of the Endura racing team and one of the Rapha-Condor racers on the Tour of East Lothian. Is it possible that your source mistook one of them for a TdF team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:C ... ed_Kingdom

*Briefly, before they dropped me like a little pansy-boy.
  • Raleigh have a team bachelor pad in Crich