Lost? not anymore ...

2»

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Coincidentally, I actually used the satnav on my Edge for the first time this afternoon! http://wwwicked.posterous.com/turn-by-t ... rry-popped

The maps I have are the City Navigator® Europe NT set, and they worked well on the ride. I'll give the OSM map set a try as well though.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    itboffin wrote:
    I've used the OSM maps to do satnav directions, this week in fact. Worked just fine thankfully otherwise I might still be somewhere in the new forest.
    Sorry, let me clarify... if your destination is on the base map - i.e. a large town - then the search facility works. If you are searching for a street name and only have the OSM maps loaded the search wont work... If I turn the Discoverer maps on then search works, if I turn them off it doesnt....

Or is your experience different?

Not sure if my destination was on the base map, could be. now i'm gonna have to check sigh! :D
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.