Calling Gisburn Forest regulars... pics wanted for website

mac_man
mac_man Posts: 918
edited April 2011 in Routes
Hi all

I'm working with Tim over at the Dog and Partridge on redeveloping his website. He is planning to make the place even more bike friendly than it is now and provide more information and facilities for bikers.

To make this viable we need more visitors. So we need to publicise the place, hence the need for a website revamp. The grand plan is to turn the D&P into a hub for the area, especially as there are currently no facilities at Cocklet Hill.

What I'm looking for is some great images, videos, and any stories of days out on the trails. Stuff that will show the different trails to their best effect, in all weathers.

Stumpyjon is already helping out with images of the new trailbuilding that's being carried out there, which the pub has also been heavily involved. This is not a case of cashing in on the area's growing success, but a desire to turn the area into a first class MTB destination.

The only bad news is that all we can offer in return is the glory of seeing your images/videos/anecdotes on the site :-).

You'll get credited on any images, videos and text used.

Contact me via PM and I'll send you my email address by return.
Cool, retro and sometimes downright rude MTB and cycling themed T shirts. Just MTFU.

By day: http://www.mtfu.co.uk

Comments

• piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Just read the post about the planning application for bigger car park and cafe ect,hope it doesnt have to much of an effect on the d&p.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Shouldn't impact to much on the D & P. Tim's built up a good business there and there's a good relationship between him and the FC guys. The initial application is mainly for carparking, the cafe is a seperate development. The D & P offers a lot already, with the enhanced website and more people coming to visit Gisburn things should be good all around.

I've posted up more details on the other thread but will continue to report on developments on www.pmba.org.uk as I get the info. Hopefully once the plans are approved I'll be able to get them online for people to see.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result