Jay dubbleU
Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
Having a DDD moment

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    None of the above.
    Option 4: Women don't have the act of driving at the top of their list of priorities whilst driving.

ALL of my collisons with cars over the last 25+ years of cycling have involved women.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    la la la laaaaa
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Women don't have the act of driving at the top of their list of priorities whilst driving.

Too true.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Maybe Saudi Arabia has a point then?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I once saw a woman driving round a roundabout, while holding her mobile, putting her seatbelt on and turning round to shout at the kids on the back seat. I was amazed she had the free hands to keep the car going the right way! :shock:

Male drivers also do stupid things, obviously.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Ooh, good baiting, nsb.

All my major incidents and most of the small have been with male drivers. I rear-ended a female driver once. She kindly took me to hospital to get some stitches
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    You forgot option 4: women are so blown away by The Power Awesome that they forget how to drive, or even that they are in a car, or even what a car is.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    JonGinge wrote:
    I rear-ended a female once.

I bet you did.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    JonGinge wrote:
    . I rear-ended a female driver once.

Thanks for sharing that. :D
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sorry guys - feeling particularly evil this morning :evil:

Memo to self - must stop poking things to see what happens :wink:
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    My most serious accident was caused by a women but in the 3-4 years since then I'd say it's getting much more towards an even split. Most of the incidents I post on Youtube I think have involved men......or at least rather butch looking lesbians :-D
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    My wife hit another car yesterday - seems to be her yearly "accident" time....bang goes the no claims discount, again......

She was not paying attention while parking in a local supermarket car park and scraped our car's bumper down the side of a black beetle....luckily the owner is being really cool about it.
  • DonDaddyD
    JonGinge wrote:

I rear-ended a female driver once. She kindly took me to hospital to get some stitches

Dude

dry_lube.jpg
    Muc-off Dry lube.

Just saying...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    You forgot option 4: women are so blown away by The Power Awesome that they forget how to drive, or even that they are in a car, or even what a car is.

8)
    Food Chain number = 4

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My nearest miss was a women, in 'Mini', on the mobile (how many Stereotypes do you want!) who clipped the end of my bars with her door mirror.

Many women drivers are better than many men, but all too many seem to be setting out to re-enforce the stereotypes.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DonDaddyD
    What happens when they hit you or cut you up. You're about to scream bloody murder but then get a good look at them and they're the exact type of woman you would normally be attracted to. You're now left thinking "Run me over if its the only way I can get under you so be it..."

Happened to anyone?

God I hate women sometimes.
    Food Chain number = 4