100Km training plan

2»

Comments

• Danny-T
    Danny-T Posts: 129
    weeksy59 wrote:
    Last year i only managed the 75km :(

Was that because it was what you signed up to or hadn't made it round in time? I'm primarily aiming to make it round at all and not too bothered about the time but will be gutted if I had to cut the 100 short because I was too slow.

Definitely need to start pushing myself to do some longer rides, think I've only done up to around 35 miles so far, but that's more down to time constraints than willing. Priorities need to be shifted methinks!
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Neither mate.. i was inside the cut-off time by over an hour and half... however.. fuck man..i had absolutely nothing left.. it was simply very very hard.

If you've climbed say 'the wall' at Afan... go climb it 6 times.... in a day... seriously... maybe it was 5 ... but basically you're doing top to bottom 4 times plus the equivalent of 1 more overall.

I turned up at the cut-off and the woman said to me "you doing the 75 or the 100"...

Guy next to her said "look at the state of him, what do you think"

Oh how we laughed

P.S it actually makes no difference if you sign up for the 100 and do the 75, or even if you sign up for the 75 and do the 100.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hmmmmm :shock: :shock: :shock:

We are in the same boat, Dan, need to do more distance.... Chat about a game plan tomorrow over a beer 8) :lol:
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Silversladey
    Silversladey Posts: 450
    Please prepare mentally.

Before doing the 100km Brecon Beast, a month earlier I completed a training ride of 135km.

The training ride was not as hard technically but it allowed me to prepare myself for the pain of up to 9 hours in the saddle.

As was said in a previous post getting as much time in the saddle as you can is crucial.