Need Help Choosing a New Bike

Greer_
Greer_ Posts: 1,716
edited April 2011 in MTB beginners
I've been looking at a Specialized Hardrock Disc (http://www.evanscycles.com/products/spe ... 6#features) and I'm wondering if that would make a good beginner bike into mountain biking? If not, do you have any other bikes around the same price range (£379)?
Thanks

Comments

• paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I think that's a pretty good bike to start out on, I'm sure you'd have a lot of fun together.

If you get in to the sport you will want to upgrade certain aspects of the bike, but that is something you can do as and when the original components wear out.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    ^^^ agreed. I've had my 2010 hardrock sport disc since August 09. Slowly upgraded it as and when needed. Forks were awful, replaced. New bars and stem helped quicken up handling. Then just a few tarty bits like qr's ect.. just started to pick up some slx parts to replace the drivetrain which has lasted till now...just. it can take a surprising amount of abuse, 16 and a half stone of ham fistedness! :lol:

I hope they have improved the fork though! :shock:
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    i had a 2009 Hardrock sport and i loved it, at the time i had the spesh and the spark and ended up selling it to a guy at work.

i do miss it though and wish i kept hold of it, they're great bikes
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport