BC Racing - When should I hear about start list / got place?

majorlyseankelly
majorlyseankelly Posts: 4
edited April 2011 in Amateur race
New to this racing lark and entered a number of BC races for my region in the middle of March. The first scheduled race is for this Saturday and I haven't heard anything from the organiser nor has the cheque been cashed.

I also sent an email to the organiser yesterday per the BC website contact details but haven't heard anything back. The closing date for entry was Friday of last week. Is this material in hearing about the race?

What is the protocol generally in terms of advance notice?

Thanks for your responses!

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Did you send a stamped addressed envelope?
    I enter tli and opens and get a response fairly rapidly, if as requested you send one of those in.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    If it's for a circuit race (the sort most people tend to enter on the day of the event), you may hear nothing at all back from the organiser and just be expected to turn up on the day and complete the signing-on process.

If it's for a road race (ie on the public highway) then you should get a Race Programme in the post or emailed a week or so in advance.

Really depends on the organiser, but in my experience, it's not necessary to send SAEs for BC races. Most often you'll just get the programme via email anyway.

It's not unusual for the organiser to not bank your cheque until after the race just in case the race is cancelled (due to weather etc) which leaves the organiser having to send out loads of refunds.