Decent pub in Innerleithen?

fasterthanaspeedingbullet
edited April 2011 in MTB general
A group of us are off up to Scotland this weekend, for our first taste of Glentress / Innerleithen.

We're staying at some apartments in Innerleithen, can anyone recommend a decent pub, preferably that does food as well?
It's all good fun until someone loses a bollock.

2010 Orange Crush

Comments

• Sodfoster
    Sodfoster Posts: 412
    Not really, Peebles is a little better for the night life and only about 3 miles from inners, a little more choice.
    Dawes Tamark DX (RIP)

Cube Acid 2010 (RIP)

Saracen Zen 3 (RIP)

Giant Anthem X5

CdF

The whole white bike thing was just coincedence........
  • thecrofter
    thecrofter Posts: 734
    Traquair Arms is Ok
    The corner House(owned by Chinese family, so menu leans to Oriental)
    Whistle Stop Cafe for lunch

Much more happening in Peebles though
    You've no won the Big Cup since 1902!
  • if you don't mind straying slightly out of innerliethen then try the glentress hotel. some of the nicest food i've eaten.

the only downside is that the guinness comes in a can, not on draft :(
  • Wanted to stay local really, because of logistics (there's 11 of us), but Peebles only looks like a short taxi ride away.

2010 Orange Crush
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    The Corner House Hotel... small bar, good food...and friendly staff...prices weren't to bad... £9.99 for sweet n sour chicken with fried rice...

4 of us stayed there on Monday
  • dvatc
    dvatc Posts: 86
    Green Tree Hotel in Peebles.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    peebles is about 6 and half miles from inners...

also....for more nightlife...galashiels is only 10 miles from inners.....although...erm....well if you like that sort of thing I guess its fine!

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • We ended up in the Traquair Arms and Tweedside Hotel (now know why it's referred to as the Star Wars bar :shock: ) on the Friday night. Food ok in the Traquair Arms but small portions and quite expensive.

Went to the Corner House on the Saturday night and the beer / food / landlady's daughter were all fantastic! :wink:

2010 Orange Crush