OT: Choklit

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
My kinda Chocolate:

Munchies

Damn they are good....

Whats your cocoa bean based product of choice?

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Lindt Mint Intese or Roasted Almonds.

It's an expensive addiction...
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lindt Excellence 70%.

Simple luxury :D
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Practically anything. :D
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    neuhaus.jpg
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Valrhona dark choc, can only ever be a treat due to the price! The little Lindt mini-bars that come in 1kg boxes are yummy, too.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    cream egg

sweet mother of all things holy....plus you get a massive sugar rush off the "gloop"

how do you eat yours?
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I purchased a box of Charbonnel et Walker hand-made chocolates for the missus. They do that thing where you select the ones you want, then they box it up and price it by weight, all carefully carried out by a latex gloved assistant with an air or reverence about them, giving you the impression that you're amongst the privileged few who can afford such luxurious indulgence.

Most over-rated and over-priced edible tat I had the misfortune to spend my hard-earned cash on! IMO, they weren't that much better than the ones you get in a box of Cadbury's All-Gold! :evil:

(Yes, I ended up scoffing most of them out of sheer indignation!)
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Ooooh I like the hotel chocolat slabs, their macho milk is probably my favourite bar of chocolate, or the milk/white marbled one.

For chocolates, www.perfectlytempered.com 's masala chai. In fact, most of her chocolates, but that's my favourite :)
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    Bendicks Bittermints.

Cheers,
    W.
  • asprilla
    Bendicks Bittermints.

Cheers,
    W.

Yes. I could easily demolish a whole box without noticing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    bunch of pretentious bloody Southerners on here.

Yorkie bars... mmmmmmm.......
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • I haven't touched any chocolate, crisps, sweets, cakes, or anything remotely sweet (including sugary drinks) in about 4 weeks now.

The first day off I had the come down baaaad. Headache and nervousness all day long. Once I was over the addiction I was fine.

I have coincided this abstinence with lent. I have about 2kgs of chocolate goods in the house to devour on easter sunday when i might just go for another few weeks off it all again

I don't really miss it that much now to be honest. Its the convenience of sticking something ready to eat in my gob that i miss.
  • motopatter
    motopatter Posts: 179
    the wife has a preference for anything by Cadbury, so same for me as well if there's any left
    wave your willy here !!!! :)
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Don't really like chocolate or sweets much for that matter, if I must then a square of 99% with coffee natch! :wink:

99_.png
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

Hmmmm - British chocolate. High in fat, low in cocoa. Many European Countries won't even classify it as chocolate..

Doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the odd one now and again :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Black's Organics - very nice. Same goes for the Seeds of Change range. Good for a fix during the working day.

Terry's Chocolate Orange is good stuff.

Had to stop my Hotel Chocolat subscription because I developed an allergy to praline/hazelnuts. That p!ssed me off no end.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • iclestu
    iclestu Posts: 503

+1

Lol - was going to chip in my tuppence worth with 'toffee crisp' but seems I'm quite simply outclassed...
    FCN 7: Dawes Galaxy Ultra 2012 - sofa-like comfort to eat up the miles

Reserve: 2010 Boardman CX Pro
  • cjcp

Are you lot up there still on rations?
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    cjcp wrote:

Are you lot up there still on rations?

Still?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    The Co-op do a truly lovely fair trade milk choc with crispy rice

Mmmm

Other than that, I'm a sucker for nice chocs like Thorntons, have also done the posh choc thing on occasion when mortgage allowed!!!!

Mrs SecretSam likes Diarrhoea Milk in its purest form, which I think is vile :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    iclestu wrote:

+1

Lol - was going to chip in my tuppence worth with 'toffee crisp' but seems I'm quite simply outclassed...

Yorkie?! Nestle make a poor chocolate bar.
    Having said that, an American I used to live with liked Hersheys who manage to make Nestle look like artisans. Vile stuff.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Snickers...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    cjcp wrote:
    Black's Organics - very nice. Same goes for the Seeds of Change range. Good for a fix during the working day.

Had to stop my Hotel Chocolat subscription because I developed an allergy to praline/hazelnuts. That p!ssed me off no end.
    Erk, that's not good. There's a Hotel Chocolat on Moorgate. I go there quite a lot :oops: omnomnom

The PerfectlyTempered chocs mentioned by Lit are very good. Had a few boxes over the chrimbo period. *drifts into dreamy nostalgia*
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • lost_in_thought
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Erk, that's not good. There's a Hotel Chocolat on Moorgate. I go there quite a lot :oops: omnomnom

The PerfectlyTempered chocs mentioned by Lit are very good. Had a few boxes over the chrimbo period. *drifts into dreamy nostalgia*

Oh noes CJCP! I missed that post. Hazelnuts are the best nut for chocolate...

Am I helping? :D

Also, you had a subscription to Hotel Chocolat? This is possible? How?

Chocolate orange = awesome. I had a chocolate orange easter egg one year, good times.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Chocolate orange = awesome. I had a chocolate orange easter egg one year, good times.
    Uh-oh! This is veeery tempting:
    http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cid/MVO9 ... olateClub/
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,393
    The first rule of Chocolate Club...

I don't get on well with hazelnuts either, or kiwi fruit - unpleasant itchy/burning throat sensation.

Mrs RJS has just picked up her free sample of Coop Fairtrade dark with orange and spices. Pushers, that's what they are.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cjcp
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Yes. Like a hole in the head. :wink:

I also love Nutella. I came out in some sort of hives after eating that on holiday (just after I developed the reaction to hazelnuts. I cannot now eat Nutella, either. That doubly p1sses me off.

Think Mrs CJ signed up over the interweb.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • lost_in_thought
    Ahhhhh it's for chocolates, rather than bars. Shame!
  • asprilla
    JonGinge wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Uh-oh! This is veeery tempting:
    http://www.hotelchocolat.co.uk/cid/MVO9 ... olateClub/

No! No! No!

It only took me 15s to get as far as clicking on 'Join Now', fortunately someone distracted me at the critical moment and broke the spell. I even thought 'I'll put down Mrs A's name and say about it for her; chocolate and brownie points.'
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3