Stolen Specialized Hardrock Disc 06 from Abergavenny.

richrock
richrock Posts: 77
edited April 2011 in MTB stolen
I hadn't found these forums, so I've joined. Bummer that my first post is the theft of my beloved Hardrock.

Details:

Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (06 model) 15", Red with black RST GilaT4 forks. Made a number of changes: Deore shifters, levers and rear mech, upgraded to 24 speed. Had SPD pedals, missing bolt on right pedal (VPS I think they were), I was about to change them. If you get close enough there's a nice SRAM chain on there too.

Other features: Faded No Fear sticker on left side of the frame, grips quite worn. Shocks would be real smooth as I'd just serviced them the day before it was nicked, and had sanded the front disc only.

Was stolen from work in Nevill Street Abergavenny. Towrags probably already sold it on. Notified local bike shop to keep on the lookout.

Any info contact me here or phone me on : 07816 293487. I don't hold out any hope, out of 6 bikes I've had, 4 stolen never recovered. But worth a shot.

Comments

• 4 out of 6 stolen!!! Really sorry to hear about that. Where have they all been stolen from, and at what times? It might help us avoid it happening again if we find a pattern.

I'm sounding like Clouseau, but something isn't being done right.
  • richrock
    Hmm... No pattern, clouseau!

First one - stolen from college oooh, 1991-2. Bummer cause it was first day and 20 miles from home.
    2nd was stolen when I moved to Wales circa 93-94 - a cheap road bike that cost me £20 and pinched from our back garden. Third was also from back garden, not fussed as it didn't work.

Last one as OP, from work after 5years of loving ownership. Just annoyed that someone has not only stolen my bike, but my personal freedom. Anyone who rides bikes would understand this. Am considering a visit to the Bristol Bike Sale to get a cheap runabout for £40-100, then save to upgrade or buy new.
  • Do you ave a rheeeeerrrrrmm?

2 from back garden and two from work.

All I can suggest is finding somewhere way more secure to store your next one, or have one that's just so badly beaten up that stealing it more hassle than leaving it be.

I'm sorry that it's all happened to you. I've owned 16 bikes in my life and have never had one stolen, so I've been blessed in that respect, but I know how mad I'd be if someone half inched one of mine.

If I see your Specialized, I'll let you and her majesty's constabulary know asap. You never know where these bikes end up.
  • richrock
    Thanks for the lookout. I've got mine now locked with my motorbike lock (looks really excessive on the road bike :shock: ) but it's working.
  • Long may it be safe. Perhaps get one of those electroc tags that you drop in the frame. It costs about £15. If it gets half inched, the Police can return it to you if recovered. Doesn't stop the theft, but could lead to a return rather than a police auction.