2011 Cannondale Supersix

TMR
TMR Posts: 3,986
edited April 2011 in Your road bikes
Here is the new addition to my family! My first carbon framed road bike :)

2011 Cannondale Supersix Ultegra

dsc00192z.jpg

dsc00195t.jpg

Standard Build:

Mavic Askium wheels & Schwalbe Lugano tyres
Ultegra 6700 GS
FSA SL-K Light Chainset
Fizik Arione Saddle
Speedplay Zero Pedals

Future Plans:

Bike fit booked with the 'The Bike Whisperer' in Ealing at the start of May.

Stem, seat post and bars will all be getting changed for FSA SL-K Light parts. Tyres will be getting changed to either Continental GP4000S or Schwalbe Ultremo. I'll change the wheels as soon as I can afford to - not sure what for yet though.

I went out on it last night for a quick hour. First impressions are that it's stiffer than a stiff thing on a stiff day, handling is super sharp and zero wasted energy on climbs. The wheels do not do the frame justice, and neither do I ;)

Apologies for the poor quality images - they are from my mobile.

Comments

• rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    nice looking bike, the chinese have done them proud.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Picture quality is quite good I think. Wheels less so.
  • TMR
    jim453 wrote:
    Picture quality is quite good I think. Wheels less so.

What do you recommend as a wheel upgrade?
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Nice bike, gets a cracking write up in bike of the year supplement, wheel upgrade? i'm happy with my mavic ksyrium elites, altho the ksyrium srs look really nice depends on your budget, can't understand why you waiting til may for a bike fit tho? would of had that done prior to purchase of bike.
  • TMR
    edited April 2011
    brin wrote:
    can't understand why you waiting til may for a bike fit tho?

Because that's the earliest appointment I could get. Corrinne has been in touch this morning though - got a cancellation for this Saturday!
    would have had that done prior to purchase of bike.

Why would you have a fit before you buy a bike? As long as the frame is the right size, it should be possible to make any bike fit by changing the contact points.
  • I agree, get those Aksiums off asap with some smart wheels then I reckon it will really fly.

Nice bike.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Bad ass bike man, congrats.
  • TMR
    I agree, get those Aksiums off asap with some smart wheels then I reckon it will really fly.

Nice bike.

Are the Ksyrium Elites enough of an upgrade to justify the cost? Or should I look elsewhere? Hand built possibly?
  • skellator3
    skellator3 Posts: 200
    shimano rs80 wheelset great upgrade from your mavics
    dont only ride a bike
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Nice bike 8)
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Looks cheeky.. needs a good thrashing. Ride as is... then upgrade or you'll never appreciate the extra cash bleeding from your pocket. :wink:
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Hills.. lots of em.. now go!
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • magoo289
    magoo289 Posts: 223
    Lovely bike.

Look at Cannondale's bike brochure to see what wheels were on each level of bike as std, as gives you indication how they would look on your stead! I then got the best wheels I could afford/willing to stretch to.

Went with RS80s really light.
  • TMR
    magoo289 wrote:
    Lovely bike.

Look at Cannondale's bike brochure to see what wheels were on each level of bike as std, as gives you indication how they would look on your stead! I then got the best wheels I could afford/willing to stretch to.

Went with RS80s really light.

I have. Cosmic Carbones on the Hi-Mod Team. Very bling! ;)
  • TMR
    Also, can anyone recommend a bottle cage to match/complement the colours on the frame? Thanks :)
  • Elite make great cages.

In terms of wheels, it's up to you what you buy but for a bike like yours I would budget about £500.

Mavic, Fulcrum all the usual suspects. Don't forget some tasty rubber too, PR3, GP4000S etc.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • TMR
    Elite make great cages.

In terms of wheels, it's up to you what you buy but for a bike like yours I would budget about £500.

Mavic, Fulcrum all the usual suspects. Don't forget some tasty rubber too, PR3, GP4000S etc.

Thanks Max.

I do have a pair of new GP4000S, so I may pop those on the Askiums until I get some better wheels.
  • Elite make great cages.

Thanks Max.

I do have a pair of new GP4000S, so I may pop those on the Askiums until I get some better wheels.

Cracking idea that. Going from winter tyres to GP4000S makes the ride feel slicker, and more supple somehow. Just nicer to ride.