Snowdon descent

dvatc
dvatc Posts: 86
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Now I know why there's an agreement not to ride down Snowdon when it's full of hikers. :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvuZLn_nr2s

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    :shock:

on a side note I really wanna ride that next winter... what route down is that?
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    I climbed Snowdon for charity last July and it was hell, I love hiking but i didn't enjoy Snowdon one bit as it was just too busy.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    joshtp wrote:

Thats the Llanberis path by the looks of it, it's the longest route but i'd say is the only ridable route back down
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • dvatc
    llanberris route down, we came up from Rhyd Ddu, carried most of the way, dont try that route down!
  • Really nice weather :)

Gotta love the 1st comment :lol:
  • Muttly1981 wrote:
    joshtp wrote:

Thats the Llanberis path by the looks of it, it's the longest route but i'd say is the only ridable route back down

Rode Snowdon Ranger track down in March. A few bits required a bit of a carry, but only because I don't have the Kahoonas. Blast back down to Llanberris down telegraph valley.
  • dvatc
    we went up to the top, from Rhyd Ddu, down llanberis track, eat at Petes in Llanberis, up telegraph valley then down the rangers track back to Rhyd Ddu. and now i'm knackered. :?
    more videos on later, including a get off. (cheers Stef) :lol: .
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Muttly1981 wrote:

Rangers' can be ridden. Not that I've attempted it mind but every section's been ridden.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm led to believe that the rason the bike ban is in place is because of the unofficial race being run by some naughty locals, which escalated to the point of people getting easily sub-10 minute runs from summit to bottom.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    edited April 2011
    Seriously guys, I used to be local - given how mice the weather is that's a quiet day!!

If you re starting at Llanberis, go up the Llanberis path, down the rangers to the curfew sign and then up and over the bump into telegraph valley back to Llanberis...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Great vid but too many folk knocking about to truly enjoy the ride
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    I did this a week before that video. We went up Llanberis and down the Ranger Path in conditions that were much less favourable : 3 degrees, heavy rain and windy.
    The Ranger path is quite tricky ;)
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    Nice video. Where exactly is the camera mounted?

Did the 'up and down the Llanberis' once last year and once the year before. In each case we waited for a Sunny evening in June and started the ascent at 17:00. By the time we got to the top there were only one or two people up there and we had a 'pedestrian free' run down.

The run from the top to the halfway station always has me on edge. I don't have much of a head for heights and while things would have to go horribly wrong, there is certainly potential for going over a 'ceratin death' cliff if you lose control of the bike.

Fantastic descent though :D

Stu
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Souns like my brakes :wink:

I'd love to climb that and then descend - that would be an ideal days riding. Like everyone says though, too many people kicking around to fully enjoy ii.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super