Hilly Hampshire

speshsteve
speshsteve Posts: 352
Anyone doing the hilly hampshire?

I've entered as a run up to the dragon, experiences...good/bad?
My Marmotte 2012 Blog:
http://steve-lamarmotte2012.blogspot.com/
cervelo R5 VWD
Spesh Roubaix
Genesis Equilibrium
Spesh FSR Stumpy Expert
Spesh M4 Stumpy
Brompton SL2
Giant TCX
Canyon Grandcanyon 29er

Comments

• fridgeboy
    fridgeboy Posts: 37
    Did part of the course last year (the first 70 miles) unofficially as I couldn't get an entry to the event. As Hundreds go it'll be pretty hard - lots of ups/downs and the Hampshire back lanes that it uses are still in pretty poor shape - lots of potholes, gravel and rough surfaces. Very good preparation for the Dragon Ride I would have thought, although I haven't done that ride myself yet.
  • Paul32uk
    Paul32uk Posts: 80
    Same has happened for me this year Fridgeboy. I went to enter about three weeks ago and it was sold out. Myself and a friend are just going to cycle the course unofficially too, sounds like a good challenge :D

exercise.png
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    I'm doing it again this year. Lots of short ups and downs that add up- you won't believe that there are that many hills in Hampshire. Can be difficult to find a suitable group to work with. Last year registraiton took ages and there was a big queue so get there early. I think they've changed the timing system this year so that may speed things up. Feed stops were excellent.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Yep, I'm doing the long route, also as a warm up for the Dragon, and have done the HHH 2 times already. It's a nice ride, especially if the weather's good. Nothing too strenuous with regards to hills.