Polarised lenses

pbt150
pbt150 Posts: 316
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
Are they worth it?

I'm looking to buy a new pair of Oakely RADAR sunglasses and would like to know if anyone out there has tested polarised/non-polarised lenses back-to-back, and if they make a big difference?

Cheers,
pbt.

Comments

• aripallaris
    aripallaris Posts: 294
    ive used polarised lenses when i snowboard and they make a massive amount of difference if thats any help
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Yes polarised lenses make a massive difference, they cut out the bright light not just darken your vision.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,899
    yep, polarised every time, cuts glare in the sun, helps tell the difference between puddles and water-filled potholes too!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 18,907
    I don't really understand why polarised lenses aren't more widely used - they cut out most reflected glare, so bright sunlight on wet roads, or glinting off windscreens is very much reduced. I'm afraid I'm too tight buy fancy sunglasses, so go to somewhere like Halfords (yes. yes, I know, but I'm not buying a bike), to get their selection of driving glasses, many of which have polarised lenses.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think they're better suited to water sports where there is lots of glare. Not that much glare in cycling.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Search this one, we killed it in the perscription lends thread just before Christmas.

Not all polarized are created equally. Kaenon's are the best, check them out.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Pretty sure Decathlon do some reasonably priced polarized glasses..