Alternative race reviews

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited April 2011 in Pro race
Hullo!

I'm too lazy and IT-illiterate to have a blog so I've been writing for a website!

I'm trying to do interesting reviews and would appreciate your feedback. Am I flogging a dead horse?

Here's one for Paris-Roubaix: http://www.cyclingnewsasia.com/en/road/35/1207

If you like it there are several more on the site, with Amstel Gold to come next weekend.

Ta,
Steve
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    pottssteve wrote:
    Hullo!

I'm too lazy and IT-illiterate to have a blog so I've been writing for a website!

I'm trying to do interesting reviews and would appreciate your feedback. Am I flogging a dead horse?

Here's one for Paris-Roubaix: http://www.cyclingnewsasia.com/en/road/35/1207

If you like it there are several more on the site, with Amstel Gold to come next weekend.

Ta,
    Steve
    Love it mate, its in my favourites :D
  • I liked it....written with a bit of poetry....very nice.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Good read but the ending was in my opinion a little 'twee'.

I don't think you needed the bit about the sun and stars etc wasn't needed. This jarred as not being relevant with rest of the article I believe, but I understood why you did it as a 'dust settler' and return to everyday life after the race. The rest was great and very readable, obviously being written in a passionate and emotive style (and no dead horses being beaten too!)

Keep up the good work.
  • pottssteve
    markmod wrote:
    Good read but the ending was in my opinion a little 'twee'.

I don't think you needed the bit about the sun and stars etc wasn't needed. This jarred as not being relevant with rest of the article I believe, but I understood why you did it as a 'dust settler' and return to everyday life after the race. The rest was great and very readable, obviously being written in a passionate and emotive style (and no dead horses being beaten too!)

Keep up the good work.

Fair point, I know it won't all be to everyone's taste. I appreciate the feedback.

Steve
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Well done Steve a good and evocative read.

Look forward to the next epic - what will it be?

Small typo noticed in the PR feature at line 4, below the pic of Boonen where 'taught' should read taut.
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Being honest, it's a bit too flowery for me. Like the perfume my wife loves to wear which tends to make me feel a bit nauseous. Alright in small doses though.
  • pottssteve
    NervexProf wrote:
    Well done Steve a good and evocative read.

Look forward to the next epic - what will it be?

Small typo noticed in the PR feature at line 4, below the pic of Boonen where 'taught' should read taut.

Amstel Gold this weekend, with photos!

Yes, I'd noticed the typo but too late, it was already up. Ah well...Thanks for the comments.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    The new Stuart Hall?
  • pottssteve
    knedlicky wrote:
    The new Stuart Hall?

I like Stuart Hall, so I'll take that as a complement! :D