Gusset R Saddle Creaking !!!

Silversladey
Silversladey Posts: 450
edited April 2011 in MTB general
Anybody have any experience of a noisy saddle.

Have owned my Gusset R from new for 4 months, over the last few rides I have noticed it is creaking and squeking all the time, it is driving me nuts.

I have stripped down the seat post clamp, cleaned and re-tightened it but the problem has not gone away.

I dont ride that aggresively just average kind of stuff, with the bike gear on I way bout 13 and a half stone.

Any advice please

Comments

• Muddy1182
    Muddy1182 Posts: 146
    Hi there. Had a similar problem 3 rides ago. All i had to do was stick a bit of grease around the post and slot it back it. Job done, no more squeaks.

Hope this helps
  • as above try greasing the post and make sure your seat clamp is done up tight. also try putting a very small amount of grease on the saddle rails, my seat creaked for a few weeks until i put some grease on the rails.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I have experience of a broken saddle from today, never realised how far those things can contort without snapping off :shock:
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    I was out in the week and my seat was clicking/creaking so when i got home just sprayed some GT85 which seemed to sort out the problem.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?