Cornwall Tor

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
Anyone do it today?

was a fantastic day for it, i did the 73mile route and it was certainly challenging!

Comments

• I struggled around the 44 mile route. Some off the hills were brutal and my garmin had it at 25 C so pretty warm
    5138028552_5b583a9b56_t.jpg
  • getjim
    getjim Posts: 30
    I did the 73 miler. Boy it was tough. Section between Feed 1 & 2 was evil. Really thought I wasn't going to get to the 2nd stop. Felt much better in the final section and even nailed the long long hill out of Shell Woods right at the end.
    Got a superb jersey tan line now. Weather was gorgeous.
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    Yeah, really enjoyed it. I did it a few years ago in much worse shape and it wasn't a very nice experience.

There wont be many gold medal times today, the required times were extremely challenging!

I set off on the 74 aiming for gold, but soon realised we wouldn't do it so eased off a bit.

Ended up with 4.38 I think.

My garmin started at 12, rose to 28 with an average of 19.

On an aside, feed stations annoy me, you've just forced 3 bottles of sickly energy drink in you, and the only food option is cake! I felt far too sick to eat any of it. What about a plain flapjack or sandwich?

Where were the gels?!
  • getjim
    getjim Posts: 30
    It did get a bit sickly with all the sweet stuff but it is only provided to support your own feeding regime not to fully replace it (Kilo to Go words not mine). Did see cereal bars at Feed Station 1.
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    yea the feed stations were poor imo - just junk food.

4.38 was a dam good time!
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    If you cant get a few things you actually want at a feedstation what do you get for £28?

I missed the cereal bars.

Thanks.
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    I really enjoyed the day but Cornwall Council need to sort out those lanes (mtb tracks?)

for me its about thoses amazing coastal views and riding an area i wouldnt normally be asked to do!

I dont care what they have at the feed stations as i take my own gels and bars and need them only for drinks.

you get very little for £28 as at most other uk Sportives, it goes towards MrKilotogos holiday fund :shock:
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    I gave it a miss this year as I only live about a 30 minute drive away and didn't see the point in paying £28 to ride roads so close. Also, the way your set off (go when your ready) means it's hard to start a group, and the up and down nature of the course means it's even harder to keep in one.
    Great day for it though, hope everyone enjoyed it; especially people coming down from up country.