Stumpy Elite '11 new rims needed

Devastazione
Devastazione Posts: 280
edited April 2011 in MTB general
As expected my DT Swiss 420 sl on my stumpy are falling apart. Any worthy replacement to suggest ?? I know It may sound like a generic question but I would appreciate any suggestion.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks
Canyon Spectral 8.9

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I suggest only having one topic on the same question.

Posting multiple topics just clogs the forum up for everyone else

It's a nice sunny day, everyone is out riding, I'm sure someone will help you when they get back from their ride.

Besides shouldn't the issue be covered under warranty?
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • I'm sorry,I've thought the only post has been somehow canceled,it was not my intention to doublepost :oops: .

I actually did'nt even considered the warranty thing given the bad reputations these rims have. I'll have a chat with my dealer :wink:
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • paultrueman
    paultrueman Posts: 118
    I had the same dilema as you, I was bending these rims just about after everyride

I got my local store to build my some new wheels using the old hubs, that way I could save a bit of money and still use the chunky Dt thru axle on the front hub, I opted for some Mavic 317's rims and dt spokes.

I got the shop to stick some specialized blue rim tape in with some valves,

I think i paid just over £100 for both wheels, they chucked in some sealant aswell as i run these tubless.

Paul
  • knutlu
    knutlu Posts: 11
    NoTubes Flow?

I've just bought NoTubes Crest with Hope hubs (Hope Hoops) for my Stumpjumper FSR, but I'm only 70 kg and a careful rider.
  • CharlieH
    CharlieH Posts: 410
    I must be lucky! I've had a SJ fsr since 2008 and had no problems with my wheels even with multiple red runs Inc Innerleithen, Glentress and Dalby. And I must add I'm certainly not the smoothest rider

Just out of curiosity, what's happened to them?