Bottom bracket and front brake queries

noj121
noj121 Posts: 58
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Right I'll start with the bottom bracket.
I have an external bb (shimano deore (me thinks)) and wondering if it can be serviced or I need a new one.
The brake problem is that after I have had the bike upside down he front brake lever pulls all the way to the bar but dosnt actually move the pads but if I keep pulling the brake and releasing it goes back to normal. Another thing with my front brake is that after using it for a long period I lose power and the lever pulls back almost to the bar and after 5ish minutes they go back to normal.
Juicy 3's btw

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    BB both.
    Brakes need a bled.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    noj121 wrote:
    Another thing with my front brake is that after using it for a long period I lose power and the lever pulls back almost to the bar and after 5ish minutes they go back to normal.
    Sounds to me like they're in dire need of bleeding. A lot of air, or even water in the system would cause that. As the fluid heats up, the air expands and forms large bubbles, which are compressible, meaning when you pull the lever, all you're doing is squashing air bubbles.
  • noj121
    Cheers guys looks like a trip to bike shop for me then :(
    And miss out on this beautiful weather
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's Sunday, and it's glorious weather, how bad could it possibly be to mean you can't even go out for a quick blast now, then take the bike to get fixed when you can?
  • noj121
    You male a good point.
    Wharncliffe here I come 8)