Camelback cleaning

mingmong
mingmong Posts: 542
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Lovely weather.

Is there a cheaper cleaning kit / work around than the 'official' cleaning kit at £16?

Sorry. The Yorkshireman in me :oops:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I jut use liquid milton from Tescos. If it gets properly rank, you can use the liquid neat to clean it, which you can;t with the tablets.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    I haven't had to clean mine. I just put water in it though and as soon as I get back the bladder and hose go straight in the freezer until the next ride.
  • Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    I haven't had to clean mine. I just put water in it though and as soon as I get back the bladder and hose go straight in the freezer until the next ride.
    +1
    Nicolai CC
  • mingmong
    Thanks for the tips.

Gone with the liquid Milton approach :D
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Holyzeus wrote:
    +1
    +another frozen chip
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    BRILLIANT.
    So, all he needs is a time machine, then he can go back to when his camelbak was all new and fresh, and change his ways.
    SIMPLE! I wonder why he never thought of that?
  • Holyzeus
    Holyzeus Posts: 354
    BRILLIANT.
    So, all he needs is a time machine, then he can go back to when his camelbak was all new and fresh, and change his ways.
    SIMPLE! I wonder why he never thought of that?
    Don't think there's any need for the sarcasm, the OP never stated how dirty it is or isn't....
    Nicolai CC
  • Anonymous
    There's always need for sarcasm.
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    There's always need for sarcasm.
    true
  • mingmong
    Well, the Milton deffo shifted the lot. It was totally gaksome as it had been under my bed for a while.

15 mins in Milton and it was like a new pin.

Thanks a mil.
  • I jut use liquid milton from Tescos. If it gets properly rank, you can use the liquid neat to clean it, which you can;t with the tablets.

+1 miltons is good enough for a baby not good enough for you? :P

works well, only problem is where the tube meets the mouth section/on/off switch

can get rather black but no way to proper clean other than trying to get neat miltons into the tube then leave for a while.

but still miltons best i know
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • Anonymous
    You can take the mouthpiece out of the tube, you know!