broken shock pump.

Justinjured
Justinjured Posts: 142
edited April 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Does any know if it is possible to fix a broken shock pump?

Went to top my fork up this morning and after attaching it to the fork all the air came out.
The problem was on both chambers, so am assuming the fork is ok, and it is a new fork.

thanks for any advice

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    how do you mean "all the air came out"
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Justinjured
    heard lots of air escaping, and now there is bearly any air in the fork, so it is not holding any weight.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Di you use the pump correctly as it has a two stage adaptor. 1st to attach the pump to the valve, second to depress the valve to allow air pressure increases/decreases. When removing the adapter head you need to undo the second part first or it will let all the air escape.
  • Justinjured
    Have used it about a dozen times before without a problem. It only has one moving part - the part that screws onto the fork connection, The air escaped on attaching it,not releasing, and am still unsure of the problem.
    Its a bit frustrating as the pump is around the 25 30 quid mark,(its an m part singleshot) and will be loathed to spend money on another one.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Buy one from Halfords or Ebay, less than £20.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Deputy Dawg
    Deputy Dawg Posts: 428
    Have you lost the rubber bit from the connection mount?
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy
  • Justinjured
    that sounds like a possibilty. does it fit inside the nozzle of the part that connects to the fork?
  • sponsoryu
    sponsoryu Posts: 66
    If you don't know if it's the fork or not, take your bike to halfords and ask to use their shock pump - they let me use their tools for free if I'm quick so I doubt they would say no. That way you know if you need a new'un or not too.